ORM Event

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Thanks to Brian Hatten for letting me drive his miata yesterday. It may be time to ditch the mini-minivan and get something rwd. That thing was fun but I wish I was a little faster in it!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

mrsoul55 wrote:Thanks to Brian Hatten for letting me drive his miata yesterday. It may be time to ditch the mini-minivan and get something rwd. That thing was fun but I wish I was a little faster in it!
Faster? :o If you or Brian either one gets much faster you're gonna have to run pro all the time. You both looked fast as hell out there and the results certaly bear that out.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
Avery

Post by Avery »

Great Event. Only complaint was the weather, but yea we cat change that :roll: I was a car whore the second run group. Thanks to Heather, McMark, Jason, Tony, and Coatney for letting me ride with them. Sorry if i forgot anybody else.
Avery

87 944 ES 8
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

volvosrule wrote:
TedV wrote: after the event, cones were stacked. dill-hole in older BWM starts doing donuts around a stack of cones. He gets yelled at from the ETR folks who then "point and run towards" dill-hole then makes a hasty exit. Curt
Dang,I wish I had got to come!! I love gettin to holler at dill-holes in white cars or trucks!!! (Not you Steve) 8)
I wish you had been there too, if we had caught him. It seems like we always have some dickwad that thinks he needs to show off after the event when we run there. I have only caught one but have chased several.

I forgot about the idea about posting someone at the exits after the event. We'll have to remember that one if we ever run there again.

IMO, there's nothing more fun than catching some punk in the act. "Oh, uh, it wasn't me, it was that other guy. Uhh, my gas pedal got stuck. Uhh, I just learned how do drive a stick. Uhh, I'm just a dumbazz." :lol:

BTW, Curt, good job on the event and thanks to everyone that helps put these things on. Without teamwork, these events would be very difficult to do.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
whenry

Post by whenry »

I noticed that there were several all day that wanted to show out. A mica blue RX-7 comes to mind but the least impressive thing was the old chevy p/u that tried to do a burnout on the road behind Staples. But I dont recall seeing a Oak Ridge black/white unit all day?? Maybe I just wasnt looking in the right direction. Luckily I didnt see any on the drive to or from the Mall myself.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
Avery

Post by Avery »

whenry wrote:I noticed that there were several all day that wanted to show out. A mica blue RX-7 comes to mind but the least impressive thing was the old chevy p/u that tried to do a burnout on the road behind Staples. But I dont recall seeing a Oak Ridge black/white unit all day?? Maybe I just wasnt looking in the right direction. Luckily I didnt see any on the drive to or from the Mall myself.
I saw the truck too. People are just stupid. I saw some cops at a gas station in Lenior City. Apparently some guy on a crotch rocket had done something illegal (what do you know?) and was being given a stern talking to.
Avery

87 944 ES 8
larry

ORM Event

Post by larry »

Great event Curt and everyone else that made the day work. Congrats Brian...that was a real whuppin yesterday and you proved you deserved the CS championship. The competition between the two of us made my season a real blast.
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
toyokogyo12aturbo

Post by toyokogyo12aturbo »

Shaun "20b" Hinds

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

I too would like thank everyone that put in the effort for Sunday's AutoX. Very smoothly ran, 6 runs ... Awesome! It was obvious that after missing the last few events I have gotten rusty, that or the worn out tires were just not holding. Either way it was still fun.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
ARouser

Post by ARouser »

MARKP wrote: I forgot about the idea about posting someone at the exits after the event. We'll have to remember that one if we ever run there again.
I volunteer for the security posistion, maybe i should bring my work uniform (USMC) :twisted: Let me catch someone threatening the use of a site!
Andrew Rouser (Frank's Grandson)
Active Duty USMC

05 Audi S4 - daily driver
04 Neon- EP - Back in action...almost
VanDiemen RF84--sold
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

A few pics in this thread.

Heather in my car....

http://www.streetcarforums.com/showthread.php?t=66864
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Brian

Re: ORM Event

Post by Brian »

larry wrote:Great event Curt and everyone else that made the day work. Congrats Brian...that was a real whuppin yesterday and you proved you deserved the CS championship. The competition between the two of us made my season a real blast.
Thanks Larry. Ditto on the competition - it doesn't get any better than that. I think most events were settled by one run. Thanks to Tim for putting some heat in the tires & pushing me all day. Great event, Curt.
Brian Hatten
AS 92
'11 CaymanS
OvenMitts

Post by OvenMitts »

It was a great day for me, and my dad too. Thanks to everyone who made him feel at home, I think he might finally be getting hooked, hopefully putting me in the miata seat some more in the process :twisted:

Also, a huge thanks to Gary Cobble for the ride in his MG. It was probably the the best ridealong I've ever had, and I probably had the biggest shit-eating grin I've ever had on my face. That car gave me the scary/exhilerating experience that I got when I first started autocrossing. If he'll let you, I'd definitely recommend a ridealong.
Matt Tomlinson
1996 Subenstein
2002 Golf TDI
sean

Re: ORM Event

Post by sean »

gbwrx wrote:
scottgib wrote:Good event Curt. For those not there, a hybrid built by UT ran and made the evening TV news;
Is there a link to the newscast by chance?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7842701704