FS: 1989 Honda Civic si

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
rocracing2001

FS: 1989 Honda Civic si

Post by rocracing2001 »

1989 Honda Civic si
165,xxx miles the timing belt has been done within the last 10K miles along with the water pump. The car has AC and this car is one of the cleanest cars of its age I have ever seen. If you are looking to start with a car has never been mested with this is the car for you. Come drive the car and see what you think. I put new Honda brake lines on the car and I also have a new set on Koni sport shocks that I would be glad to install for you if you like. This would be a great car in either H-stock or STS. (We all have seen Doug's car do well on a local level or a national level.) I put it on the Dyno at John Brown's place and the wheel power was great when you consider it has the stock exaust. (The pipe comming from the cat is so small it would be like running the New York marrathon while breathing through a straw.)

Robert
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

$?
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I think Robert is selling the car for $2,700 for the car and $450 for the shocks. This car is real fast and I hope you don't buy the car Curt because try running some of the pax on our events and look and see what you would have to run in H-stock to win. This would make a geat H-stock car.

Mark
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
rocracing2001

Post by rocracing2001 »

Hey Curt,

What about it you want to win the Pro class don't you? This is the car that you could win with. Run the pax's and look at what you could have done.

Robert

PS: The loan value is $2,500 :roll:
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

So why isn't McMark buying it :?:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

CABoegemann wrote:So why isn't McMark buying it :?:
I think Mark should stay with the yellow car. That bad boy is amazing! :shock:
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

I'm hoping that car will go away, far far away. I keep hearing that it's for sale, but...

Problem is, if they do sell, it will probably end up in John Browns garage. :x

The Honda sounds good, but I keep thinking about getting another Miata. They're just too much fun.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

F-stock 05 Mustang, Curt. It's the cheater car to the Cooper. ;)
steverife

Post by steverife »

Buy the Civic, Curt! :wink:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Uhh, not to try to not sell you on the Civic, but why not just spend some money on tires for the Mini? :roll:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Curt,

I have talked to Robert about buying the Civic, but yellow seems to be my color. What do you think?

Look at what tires would cost you could by six tires for the Honda with what one set would cost for the mini. The honda uses 225/50/14 and you use 215/50/16 I think.

I will say this if you realy want to win the Pro-class then I hope you don't buy this car because I am not sure that I can go that fast in the yelow car. :roll:

Mark
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
steverife

Post by steverife »

Mark McCrary wrote:Curt,

I have talked to Robert about buying the Civic, but yellow seems to be my color. What do you think?

Look at what tires would cost you could by six tires for the Honda with what one set would cost for the mini. The honda uses 225/50/14 and you use 215/50/16 I think.

I will say this if you realy want to win the Pro-class then I hope you don't buy this car because I am not sure that I can go that fast in the yelow car. :roll:

Mark
...and if he prepped it for STS and let me drive, tires would cost him $0.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

How 'bout you prepare it and I'll buy the tires?

I'm running the MINI next year. Hopefully on free Avons.

I'd like to have another car to start preparing for an ST class that I can also run some hillclimbs and NASA events.

The Civic sounds good, but I'm still wondering why McMark isn't buying it. What's up with the MR2?
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Curt,

I would hope that you would still be in the MINI next year, but with Avons. Ok I will bite why? Have you ever driven on the Avons? :?

To be yello or not to be? Can you beat the yellow car or not that is the question? :roll:

Mark...
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

I've been trying to get the guy that mounts my tires and does my alignments to be my tire sponsor. (Humble Tire) He hasn't said no, and ever since the Autocrosses started in Bristol he has been more interested. (he has stores in JC and G'ville) Another problem he has had with helping out is that he doesn't sell Kumho or Hoosier. He doesn't think it makes sense to buy me Kumho's or anything else that he doesn't sell. Then, about a month ago I found out that Cooper Tires owns the US division of Avon. I mentioned it to him and he said that he's been thinking about carrying Avon since he's been a Cooper dealer for over 20 years and that's the only other brand he's interested in carrying. It might just work out. I'm willing to try them if he's willing to pay for them. :D
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S