Meco and Taylor-White???

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
steverife

Meco and Taylor-White???

Post by steverife »

maybe this has been covered somewhere else, and i apologize if that's the case, but.........

where are these places? approximately how far is it and how long does it take to get there from west knoxville?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
larry

Meco & Taylor-White

Post by larry »

Meco is 70 miles from the Knoxville-Asheville Highway/I40 intersection and is interstate or four lane all the way except the last 1/4 mile, only one traffic light at the last turn, usually one hour or less...much less if Curt Boegemann is in the lead. Taylor White (aka Five Rivers Electronics) is less than 1/2 mile farther. Come on up and enjoy the Unaka area of the Appalachians!
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Yeah, it's 70 miles or about 35 minutes. :twisted:
Watch for Miata's, 2 wide, on the Exit ramp. :lol:

Seriously, MECO and Taylor-White both have pretty decent lots with food and lodging close by. MECO is going to let us use their restrooms as well as an air conditioned breakroom. Portajohns will be brought in for the Taylor-White race. Both sites are also availible on Saturday and Sunday.

I hope everyone will come and check out Greeneville and that we see some of Greeneville's own, who have been threatening to give Solo2 a try. Especially the guy in the new Blue R32 :) That thing needs numbers on it !!!
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

I've been talking to that guy on TN Dubs and telling him to bring that thing out. He said he was going to at the ORM event but I guess the rain scared him away. Eventhough he DOES have awd :roll:
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

I met him (R32 Boy) 2 days after ORM at a carwash. I told him the Subarus ran the show.

Come on R32 Boy, this is more fun than the dragon :!:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S