Cherokee Trails Rally (Update)

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MP5_57

Cherokee Trails Rally (Update)

Post by MP5_57 »

Anyone going? I am!!! it is 5/15/04. The rally starts @ 8:15a but the busses to the spectator areas start at 7a.........It is in Cleveland TN.

I know this is a non SCCA event but some of you might be interested in going!

www.cherokeetrailsrally.com

J
Last edited by MP5_57 on Mon May 17, 2004 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUNKDADDY

Post by KUNKDADDY »

:lol: sounds good to me I would like to take some video
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

Here is my rant on this years cherokee trails rally. I decided not to work the event btw. My friend and I arive at 10:15a and our flyer said to park at this one place across the street and the signs on for parking said the same, but the ticket lady said parking was on the other side of the service area...i was confused.....Then we pay our 5bux for the ticket and she hands us some papers. I ask her where the cars are and she said they are already racing, and I was like no they arent cause the schedule says race begins at 1230p. The paper said service at 11a. She said i have no idea what is going on. I was pissed. She said "you better catch that bus its leaving", so we run to catch the bus.

We drive on some bad gravel roads to the spectator area. Finally at like 11a we get there. We unload and find our spots. The only good thing about this whole event was how close I was able to stand to the course, 6ft away from the course. There were 22 cars in this race, 10 retired the first stage. I was hoping to see a few cars but no. The stage was supposed to start at 1:15p but we didnt see the first car until 330p. The stage started with 11 cars but we only saw 7. It was allright though cause i was so close to the course....i was getting rocks thrown all over me. .

After the final sweep car came by we loaded the bus to head back. We get there and get off the bus and there is this lady there giving tshirts, she said its because we had to wait so long and didnt get to see much. The second good thing was the fact that we got back in time to view service.

But overall, after sitting in the woods for nearly 5 hours getting bit by ticks and swatting off yellow jackets while watching for snakes and fanning the nats away, it sucked balls and hope that NASA never does the cherokee trails rally again. The SCCA event 2 years ago was much more organized and felt as if everything went smoothly.

Sorry for the rant.