Post by Budman »

BOBOMOFO wrote:BUMP....any word????
X 2!!!
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

...curious if this has gone anywhere, I'm looking to dyno a car soon and am shopping around for some dyno time. If I missed the boat, where's this LNS at?

--billyM
boostedion

Post by boostedion »

I am definantly in...time,place and cost please.
05' Ion Redline
Stage 2
Kn Cai
Strut and Sway Bar
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

I did a bit of research, LNS is VERY conveniently located, and I like the idea of multiple EGT readings (not sure exactly what their setup consists of). I pull all my other data, but only have the hardware to nab one EGT, which doesn't help diagnose per-cylinder issues.

I'm going to give them a call and in the next few weeks (once I get the 550's in) make a trip down there to see how the new hardware is working out. ...I would like to make a few pulls on the 21'st. ...anyone else interested?

...they want 10-15 cars for $1k for an all-day shindig, but you only get 3 pulls. I will probably rather pay $150 and have an hour to tune, if there are multiple people, and someone gets done tuning early, we might be able to swap cars and offset price, but again I won't know till I call them on monday.

Does one of the members work there? Have some more info for us?

--billyM
Budman

Post by Budman »

I definitely want to do this but need to get a wide band O2 sensor first so I can tune my car with the SAFC Neo I bought. Don't have enough $$$ for both a sensor and the dyno yet. Tires are on the gotta do list as well and are probably a higher priority. Dyno time might be awhile away for me.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

Budman, I happen to have a wideband setup, if you get a bung installed I'd be more than happy to give a hand tuning (love seeing other people's setups). I've had very good luck getting a solid street tune with using two-folk, one to watch the air fuel ratio and work the safc, the other to drive and hold it at a certain rpm point at different throttle positions. It keeps the speeds down and makes quick work of a good tune.

...let me know if you're interested.

--billyM
Budman

Post by Budman »

You have a PM.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX