I ever offer wideband/datalog?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
BillyM

I ever offer wideband/datalog?

Post by BillyM »

...I dont know if I ever offered, but I got a portable wideband/datalogger setup that I dont get nearly enough use out of. I would be more than happy to toss it on a fellow ETR member's ride for some tuning time if they would like.

At this point, I can log the following:
--air fuel ratio (need a bung upstream of the catalytic converter $8+$20 install)
--map 0-3bar (absoulte) (needs 1/8"-1/4" source in cabin)
--rpm (needs signal source into cabin)
--lateral G's
--any pressure liquid/air, 0-100psi (absolute) (1/4" npt in eng. comp.)
--any other 0-5v source, TPS, etc. can do all custom input conversions necessary.

...sets up in a matter of minutes (longest wait is the exhaust cooling for sensor install). Everything else is a quick vampire-clamp or vacuum hose away... All inputs are fully logable, also are real-time viewable from the laptop (if I ever get a battery) otherwise I have it set up at the shop and we can pull in and upload everything to the software for viewing. Also, I can email you all the logs which open through Innovate's free software, which created data-matrix's, very fancy shit, viewable vs time, shows RPM and all other functions as a ongoing line-graph....

Let me know if anyone is interested.
--BillyM
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

...Lately I've seen a few people mention wanting to get some tuning done. I figured I'd bump this back up and say I'm still offering this. I don't have time to learn and wrench on everyone's cars, so you'll have to get the hook-ups ready for it, but it's fairly simple and I'm usually available for a quick hand (just can't do it all for you).

I need a standard bosch bung in the exhaust and switched 12v and GND sources under the hood. I CAN output a simulated narrowband if you only have one o2 bung, but please don't make me (haha). Get a second welded on for nice-easy swappin'!

...the rest is inside the car and accepts bare wire into a screw-block, meaning I need vampired 12v/GND sources, then whatever you want to log, RPM, TPS, MAP (voltage or a VAC hose), some temp sensors, injector duty cycle.

It all goes into my laptop and I can toss the logs and software on a flash drive or CD for you to take home. The software allows you to replay the logged info on gauges, at different speeds, build charts or data matrix's. ...very spiffy stuff.

Anyways, the shop's in Louisville and it's right off the pellissippi (best place to get a good rpm spread, IMO) on Louisville Rd. I'm usually available from 4:30 till dark on weekdays or randomly on the weekend. As well, I'd be more than happy to hook it all up for some scheduled dyno time.

I'm not looking for $$$ (unless you want me to hook my wideband to a 2stroke), I just like seeing others' setups.

Anyhow, yell if you'd like,
--billyM
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Hmm, I might be getting in touch with you if I ever figure out if my engine is going to grenade or not.

My Honda is basically stock but I need to figure out if it will be worth it to get into the computer. I would just do some pulls on the dyno and see what it is doing. Since my car goes closed loop at WOT, I don't think I would need the additional sensor hole in the header. We could just remove the stock sensor and put your wideband in.

Whaddayathink?

BTW, are you ever going to bring one of the Supras back out?
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

It's your call on the sensor installation. If all you are looking for is a wide open pull, sure. I wouldn't even bother with a dyno for that baseline unless you're really looking for HP #'s (I can do one better, lateral acceleration!) just a highway pull should get the data you're looking for without the ticket you don't want.

I've been getting my hands dirty under the hood more than behind the wheel as of late. I picked up a mountainous project of a supra and it's drained my cash and time (but the pay-off of a 24valve big turbo is so worthwhile). An old racing buddy of mine has been running with you guys lately and I think I might need to come back out with the black car and make sure I'm still faster (haha). At the least, I need to come out and see a race.

--billyM
Budman

Post by Budman »

To be honest though, a lot of the stuff you talked about above went over my head! LOL! :oops: What does this mean?

"I need .......... switched 12v and GND sources under the hood."

I'll be contacting you as soon as I get the SAFC Neo installed.....definitely interested. I come right down the Pellissippi every day so this would be easy enough to get to. Thanks for the offer!
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
BillyM

Post by BillyM »

...simply a 12v and ground. Switched, doesn't matter so much on short-term installs. After you install an AFC, you will know all that stuff.

By the way, if anyone wants to do a data-acquisition during an autox event, I'd be more than happy to set that up for you.

Will acquire data for co-drive!

--billyM
Budman

Post by Budman »

Billy...sent you a PM.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX