Pro class drivers only! The 3 run debate.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories

Count only first three runs in results?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 12

Budman

Post by Budman »

scottgib wrote:There has to be someone else that would like to run STX?!
8) 8) :D
I know of two others that are planning to attend the next event....be gentle with them Scott, OK? :P
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
rocracing2001

Post by rocracing2001 »

I did not post what I did so people would leave the pro class, but only to explain why I think the three run format is good.

I would like to say that I am sorry if it came across harsh to either Tony, Scott or anybody else. :(

I just want to be the best driver that I can be and I think this will help me be that person. I know that is selfish, but I think we all are in one way or another.

I hope you guys understand. :oops:

Robert
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

rocracing2001 wrote:I would like to say that I am sorry if it came across harsh to either Tony, Scott or anybody else. :(
Oh you're alright. With all the fiasco and seriousness going on about PRO class, I don't need to be in that mess and creating another variable.

The whole reason I went to the PRO class was to run with the fast people. I didn't want to be in a group with all the NOVICE class and maybe one or two of the fast guys. Having someone to chase, tends to make me faster and thats what i'm looking for.

So, no offense taken. I think you're a pretty good guy despite all the things that Pilson and McCrary say about'cha. ;)
Tyler H

Post by Tyler H »

I was considering running pro, just so I would have some predictable competition. I said 'no.' I can look at my times at the end of the day and tell if I 'got it done in 3,' without creating extra work for timing and scoring.
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Tyler H wrote:I was considering running pro, just so I would have some predictable competition. I said 'no.' I can look at my times at the end of the day and tell if I 'got it done in 3,' without creating extra work for timing and scoring.
Same here.
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Tyler H wrote:I was considering running pro, just so I would have some predictable competition. I said 'no.' I can look at my times at the end of the day and tell if I 'got it done in 3,' without creating extra work for timing and scoring.
I thought you were running ASP ? :)
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
steverife

Post by steverife »

scottgib wrote:You can remove one NO vote as I have decided to not run Pro. (I made this decision yesterday prior to ROC's post).

There has to be someone else that would like to run STX?!
Run STU!
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

not cbring wrote:
scottgib wrote:You can remove one NO vote as I have decided to not run Pro. (I made this decision yesterday prior to ROC's post).

There has to be someone else that would like to run STX?!
Run STU!
Yeah, we need a serious cat in our class. Let's go homey.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Actually, that's not a bad idea for Scott. He would have finished 2nd in STU at the first event.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

You just want someone to easily beat. Your slow driving the first event was a fluke. I had hard enough time against the WRX (had to rely on rule quirk); now you think I would want to run against STi's and such with a PAX that is close to CS?!!!? I think I will be satisfied just looking at the overall PAX results while running STX. 8)
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Reno region does the 3 run thing....

[quote]A New Competition Opportunity in Solo

From the March Issue of Road and Tach, Reno Region's Newsletter. An interesting concept that serves to help competitors deal with the pressures of running at the Solo Nationals.

One thing about Solo in Reno Region, we’re not afraid to try a new twist. Some of the off-season tweaks to our Solo Supplemental Regulations were formalities, minor changes meant to bring the rules into conformance with actual practice, to streamline procedures, or to cover uncommon situations. But one new rule brings a whole new kind of competition to our Solo events.

Reno Region now has a class called “National Prep,â€
Chris Harp
TedV

Post by TedV »

yeah, but those Reno folks are strange, I've seen the TV show.:shock:

:P :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

So.....

We givin' this another go on Sunday or not?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I think Dave said yes. We will give it another shot with a standard sized roster in pro class.
Chris Harp
steverife

Post by steverife »

:rockon:

Now we just need to get some people I can beat to run PRO! :lol:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97