Evolution Phase 1 School in Nashville

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
rocracing2001

Post by rocracing2001 »

I just talked to Jean and she said that Nashville was going to have a phase one on May 19th. The registration is open on the web. She also said that there would be a phase two later in the year.

I would love to see us have a phase one in our area, but the only site I could see it happen would be Greenville. I wonder if we could get that site Saturday and Sunday? If so we could have a phase one Saturday and a phase two on Sunday.

Robert
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

They are still working on Saturday. It could open up on Sat. later in the year. This info is only a couple of weeks old.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

I did the phase 1 last year and it was awesome. I'd sure like to work a phase 2 in this year.
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
larry

Post by larry »

scottgib wrote:They are still working on Saturday. It could open up on Sat. later in the year. This info is only a couple of weeks old.
Both days are open now as production and employement dwindles but you will have to get another contact there if you want to use the lot...I was one of two staff level people shown the door there yesterday. Thanks China. :evil:
Friday the 13th has never been anything I have paid attention to but maybe I should start. Monday I start the job hunting thing seriously.
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

larry wrote:
scottgib wrote:They are still working on Saturday. It could open up on Sat. later in the year. This info is only a couple of weeks old.
Both days are open now as production and employement dwindles but you will have to get another contact there if you want to use the lot...I was one of two staff level people shown the door there yesterday. Thanks China. :evil:
Friday the 13th has never been anything I have paid attention to but maybe I should start. Monday I start the job hunting thing seriously.
Damn, Larry, sorry to hear that. I guess the days of putting in 40 and getting the gold watch are long gone.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Man, I hate to hear that too. I went through that about 10 years ago.

So that's the thanks you get for all of that travel to China to set up those operations to make the company more competitive, huh? And businesses wonder where "company loyalty" went - it is supposed to be a 2-way street. :cry:
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Not fun, but...

Larry, give me a call, I seem to have lost your number. (I don't have a job, but have experience looking.)

Number is on the etr contact page.

:shock:
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

LeadSSled wrote:Man, I hate to hear that too. I went through that about 10 years ago.

So that's the thanks you get for all of that travel to China to set up those operations to make the company more competitive, huh? And businesses wonder where "company loyalty" went - it is supposed to be a 2-way street. :cry:
Not to get too philosophical, but American consumers are partly to blame. China keeps its currency artificially low, and our political field doesn't seem to interested in protecting our economy. We would rather send billions to fair weathered friends like Iraq, Iran, etc., etc. etc.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Sorry to hear that Larry. :x I hope you can stay in Greeneville.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Sorry to hear about that, Larry. Unfortunately, it appears to be the times we live in.

What is your field and what do you want to do?
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

That sucks, Larry. Hopefully you can find something better.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
larry

Post by larry »

Sorry about the thread hijacking but I do appreciate all your support.
Mark...My experience has been in manufacturing engineering, specializing in taking product design concepts into produceable items. Lately I have concentrated on utilizing the 3d CAD program, ProEngineer, and rapid prototyping in the form of SLA, SLS, and an in-house 3d printer to shorten the time from concept to manufacturing reality.
I know that there are many companies that are employing effective productivity improvements to make their products domestically...that's what I enjoying doing and I look forward to finding a local company that can give me the opportunity to help them do that.
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

Larry, check with Denso and all the other auto parts groups around. There seems to be a boom in the area on this type of industry...and this time you would get to go to Japan. 8)
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey