New to TN

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Hondamama

New to TN

Post by Hondamama »

Hey all! Just recently moved to Knoxville from Ohio. I have been into the whole import scene for a while now and wanted to know what does TN have to offer for racing and autocross activities. I have no clue and don't really know anyone here. Any info would be awesome! :D
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Hey! I'm not the only one new to the SCCA! Well, you've got 2 nearby regions to auto-x with, West TN and East TN... West TN uses the Nashville Speedway mostly (from what I've read on their site) and East TN is in/around Knoxville area... My first auto-x will be a week from this Sunday.
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Welcome to our region. You can find a bunch of stuff about our autoX activities on our web site: http://www.etrscca.org/soloii/soloii.html

This is a fairly outgoing and friendly bunch of car nuts, and we would be glad to try answering any questions you have on this forum.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Actually, West TN is considered Memphis. Nashville is central. They are known as the "Tennessee Region". We also have the Chattanooga Region that puts on some events each year. Chattanooga is a little closer than Nashville.

As far as the import stuff goes, I have no idea. I'm a caveman, I have a bunch of old cars that nobody cares about. :lol:

Welcome to both of you.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Crash477

Post by Crash477 »

Welcome! I am new to Knoxville too!
Steven Kornhaus
1987 Acura Legend Coupe LS
2006 Subaru STi (sold)
1989 BMW 325is (sold)
NateC

Post by NateC »

MARKP wrote:Actually, West TN is considered Memphis. Nashville is central. They are known as the "Tennessee Region". We also have the Chattanooga Region that puts on some events each year. Chattanooga is a little closer than Nashville.

As far as the import stuff goes, I have no idea. I'm a caveman, I have a bunch of old cars that nobody cares about. :lol:

Welcome to both of you.
WORD TO MR. MARCUS! VW's suck... SOO HARD!
MMMMMM! I sure do love dem DUBS!
84' Rabbit GTI
-Nate CEE!
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

MARKP wrote:Actually, West TN is considered Memphis. Nashville is central. They are known as the "Tennessee Region". We also have the Chattanooga Region that puts on some events each year. Chattanooga is a little closer than Nashville.

Welcome to both of you.
Ah, I see! Thanks for the clarafication! I just registered for PSTCC on the 5th... Looking forward to it! :D