Cheap Track Time

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thrdeye

Cheap Track Time

Post by thrdeye »

SVTOA-Atlanta Presents

Hot Laps V2.0!

It’s the Second Annual SVTOA-Atlanta Track Day!

Come join us on September 18th for a full day of hot lapping. We have secured the Talladega Grand Prix Raceway for a full day of fun. This is a non-timed driving event, not a competitive event, but that doesn’t mean you won’t have the time of your life! And best of all…convertibles are welcome! So whether you have a Focus, Cobra, Lightning, or any vehicle, for that matter, you can test the limits of you car and yourself in a relaxed, safe and fun environment. You can even bring a passenger. All you need to enjoy this full day of speed and G forces is a car that can pass a simple tech inspection (meaning it is in safe street condition) and a helmet that meets Snell specifications for you and your passenger.

Talladega Grand Prix Raceway, better known as Little Talladega, is located in Alabama, just a short ride from the Atlanta area.

www.tgprace.com

Talladega Grand Prix Raceway is a 1.35 mile road course located just minutes from Interstate 20. The track, built in 1985 has been host to numerous motorcycle races, go-kart races, sport car races, and various clubs events. The track is also being used as a test course by a major motorcycle manufacturer. The track is available for tuning and testing of motorcycles, cars, and go-karts. The track is in operation 52 weeks a year and welcomes newcomers and veterans alike.

One nice thing about this track is that it has no guard rails. Instead, it has large runoff areas in case you happen to overcook it a little. To ensure a safe environment and plenty of track time, we are limiting the number of entrants. Instructors will be available for the Novice group at no additional charge, so if you want to learn the basics of road racing, be sure to take advantage of these experienced drivers. This is a great opportunity to drive at a comfortable pace, hone your driving skills and have a lot of fun on a real road course.

Best of all, the price for this full day of fun and speed is only $120.00 for members and $135.00 for non- Members. This is considerably less than last year and a real bargain for a full day of lapping. We anticipate a full grid, so get your reservations in early! Reservations are accepted on a first come, first served basis!

You can make you reservation by completing the registration form and sending it, plus one half of the registration fee to:

Walter Henderson
1965 Skyland Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

You can download the registration form here: http://www.svtoa-atlanta.org/HotLap...tration2004.htm

Or, if you prefer to use PayPal, you can send it to my PayPal account at: scottl@svtoa-atlanta.org.
There will be a service fee for using PayPal, so the price is $123.60 for members and $139.05 for non-members.

We hope to see you there!!!!!!!
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

This is just FYI - don't think I'll be doing it due to all of the out of town stuff I got goin on in October.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TonyBolton

Re: Cheap Track Time

Post by TonyBolton »

thrdeye wrote:Come join us on September 18th for a full day of hot lapping. We have secured the Talladega Grand Prix Raceway for a full day of fun. This is a non-timed driving event, not a competitive event, but .....
I think the above will deter me from making an appearance.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

TonyBolton wrote:
thrdeye wrote:Come join us on September 18th for a full day of hot lapping. We have secured the Talladega Grand Prix Raceway for a full day of fun. This is a non-timed driving event, not a competitive event, but .....
I think the above will deter me from making an appearance.
So take a buddy and a stopwatch. :wink:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Hmmmmm, maybe I should have made a motion to "borrow" the ETR timing equipement for that day(s). :twisted: 8) :lol: