Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
disneyd
Site Admin

Hard Dog Deuce Miata Rollbar $275

Post by disneyd »

Hard Dog Deuce Miata Rollbar

Allows full seat travel and tilt
Complete use of hard and soft top
Compatible with 1990 - 2005 Miatas with original equipment or after market plastic or glass rear windows
Black powdercoat coating
Side Braced
Constructed of high quality 1.75 X .120 inch 1026 alloy drawn over mandrel steel
10 structural attachment points w/ laser cut 3/16" mounting and backup plates
Complete hardware kit w/ grade 8 bolts and instructions

It was installed in the car for about three months. I'm also including the back shelf tray and carpet for a 1999 Miata (probably swaps with any '99-'05 Miata) that are already trimmed to fit the bar... that will cut quite a bit of tedious measuring/cutting from your install time.

$275

- Dave Disney
Miata 37

Post by Miata 37 »

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway. Is that bar "approved" by the SCCA and/or any other sanctioning bodies?
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Nope. It could be protested at a Solo II. SCCA wants a single hoop bar.

I do know that people have gotten it to pass tech at track events, but it may depend on who's doing tech (high perf. driving schools, etc.). HardDog has some rollover pics on their site... its a strong bar but SCCA can't wrap their heads around the dual hoop design.
- Dave Disney
Miata 37

Post by Miata 37 »

*sigh* That's what I thought, but I thought I'd ask anyway. That's a good deal on a good bar though. If I weren't working on bigger plans with my car, I'd snatch it up in a hurry, but chances are in the not too distant future I'll be needing an approved bar.