WTB: Free or Cheap Car

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
MP5_57

WTB: Free or Cheap Car

Post by MP5_57 »

Hello everyone, I am in need of a car that is functional that can get me from point A to point B without too much fuss........

I am willing to spend $0.00 - $400.00 on this car. I am in dire need of transportation due to the fact I cant drive my other car at the moment.

If anyone knows of a car or someone that has a car for sale, please let me know.

Thanks
James
aduthie

Post by aduthie »

I've got a 1988 Plymouth Caravelle with something like 50,000 miles on it. It has a front suspension clunk and the power steering went out; not sure what it would take to fix both of those. Tough to steer without the PS, but not impossible. 3-speed auto, AC installed but non-functional. It would actually be a collector's item, if you could find someone who collects late 80's cheap-o sedans. Near-perfect paint and interior, but sagging headliner. $400 if you pick it up in Nashville.

I've also got a 1986 Toyota Celica GT-S that's a little sexier. Babied for I think 140,000 miles by the original owner, and mostly it lived in Austin, TX. The clearcoat is faded from the Texas sun, the AC worked until sometime earlier this year. Passenger window no longer operates. Driver seat is to die for, with power adjustable lumber and shoulder bolsters. Only serious problem is that the car doesn't always start. Problem existed almost since new, and Toyota fixed it by throwing new starters at it. If you remember to park on a hill, it's not a big deal. No idea what starters cost nor even how hard it is to install a new one. 5-speed manual. Also $400 if you pick it up in Nashville.

And then there's the 1998 Beetle, but it definitely fails your price point.
Andrew Duthie / Nashville, TN
04 Scion xB / 00 Focus ZX3 / 95 Neon Sport
Tennessee Spokes Sports Car Club
http://www.aduthie.com
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Go for the Caravelle! Then (when you got a little money) you could find a donor car with the optional 2.2 liter TURBO (149hp), slap on a baby blue and white two-tone paint job, an old school police light bar (illegal), and voila!.. "Hill Street Blues" resurrected! :twisted:

Okay, so that's technically a Dodge Diplomat, but you get the point.
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?