Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
BjoynerUTK

Post by BjoynerUTK »

ke0ki2k wrote:
BjoynerUTK wrote:
anyone else see where this is going?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hahahahaha. That's my favorite episode.
EliseAutoXr wrote: One thing you can do to get the temps up is have a co-driver...
Oh don't worry, I've already pointed that out to him.

Hopefully I can help him keep those tire temperatures up in Nashville this weekend.
Last edited by BjoynerUTK on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2002 Subaru WRX
STX 36
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Steve you did a great job with the course design. I had my doubts in areas when we were putting it together but it wasn't as bad as I had thought.

Driving the Miata during the course check was awesome. Disney if you ever want to sell that thing...I probably can't afford it with everything else I have to pay....but I will be considering buying it.

With everyone getting on race tires, I really need to start stepping my game up. Great job to Michael, James, Eric, and John. All of you guys had some smoking fast times. And congrats to Dillow you son of a gun you.
2013 WRX
coneninja

Post by coneninja »

Awesome course!!! Couldn't help myself to a little sideways action :) !

Really wanted to stay for the fruns, but lack of food+heat= nogoodforme!

Maybe next time!!

Good Yob everybody!!!!
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

ke0ki2k wrote:knew I shoulda stayed >.< ! wouldve been interesting to see if I couldve broken into the 36's.

what kind shocks did ya put in mister Graves?
Koni yellows. I ran during the actual events with them set how they came out of the box, which was full soft front & rear, just to get a base-line. It stated pretty flat but the rear was a bit twitchy with me trying to drive it like I would have on the KYB GR2s I took off...still, I managed to squeeze out a 38.3xx in my 5th run after figuring out how to A) keep the rear in check, and B) not hit dagum cones. I was consistently running 38.5 in the fun runs after fiddling a little with a friend's extra 180lbs in the car.

BjoynerUTK wrote:
Eric got down into the 36's on the fun runs. So according to your times it was probably possible...
I thought I heard some talk of 36s out of the 'vette while I was changing tires...and for the record: that's freakin' quick.
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

gbwrx wrote:Steve you did a great job with the course design. I had my doubts in areas when we were putting it together but it wasn't as bad as I had thought.

Driving the Miata during the course check was awesome. Disney if you ever want to sell that thing...I probably can't afford it with everything else I have to pay....but I will be considering buying it.

With everyone getting on race tires, I really need to start stepping my game up. Great job to Michael, James, Eric, and John. All of you guys had some smoking fast times. And congrats to Dillow you son of a gun you.
You rode in my car... did you ride in Eric's car today? If you did, what is your opinion on the grip of the two?

It was fun today to take a ride in alot of cars... been wanting to do that but just hadn't had the time to do so. Thanks to John W, Shawn, Steve, Brit for letting me sit shotgun with ya'll. And thanks to Eric for letting me flog his car in the fun runs once... always nice to drive the competitions car. 8)
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
steverife

Post by steverife »

I always enjoy givin' rides, I just usually have to twist arms to get someont to ride with me. :?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

For those interested, here's my 2 fastest runs spliced together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rRNdAorGEA

I'm debating Nashville this weekend... If I go, it won't be on my garbage 16s! :lol:
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Great event indeed! I jinxed myself with the "What do you do when you break your car" thread... and broke my car. Luckily I had a few zip-ties that held my fuel line together til I got home. Unfortunately Robert's M3 wasn't so lucky, but atleast he had access to a roll-back and made it home ok.

Huge thanks to everyone. John, the resident STS teacher, was a huge help as always. Scott gave me some great looking wheels, now I just have to get some different lug nuts so I can rock the Mini center cap, hehe. Thanks to Aaron for running me to Advance so I could try to get some parts to fix the car; I guess that makes up for beating me by .001(yes, one thousandth) second. And of course thanks to all the ETR leaders that make every event fun, safe, and worth every dime.
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

^ I'm glad you were able to get your car fixed and make the drive home safely. Don't let it deter you from driving to Knoxville; Unfortunately, it's the price we pay for using our dailies on the AX course. But I think it's worth it! :twisted:

By the way, does anybody else have any photos/videos? Just curious!
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
flier129

Post by flier129 »

that was a pretty awesome event for my first runs! after some advice from wayne and john i was able to finally get a decent clean run, theres a lot more to learn for me. like james said we'll be at nashvegas in my car.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
97Cobra

Post by 97Cobra »

Thanks to everyone that put this event together. The course was challenging and had tight areas and some areas where you could get on the throttle and carry some speed. The elevation changes added to the challenge as well. The 6 year old V700 tires worked better than I thought they would. Each run got faster by 3 to 4 tenths and only hit one cone I think on the 3rd run. Since it had been about 3 or 4 years since I had ran an autocross, it took a couple of runs to get into the autocross mentality. I guess it is like riding a bicycle....once you learn you never forget. The competition in SM was great and I enjoyed the wide range of different cars in the class. Looks like SM had the largest field of cars. Congratulations to John for taking the class win. I was also impressed with the talent that I saw in all the classes. Sure looks like the ETR has grown tremendously the past several years and so many cars have a lot of modifications and run the R compound. My adrenaline was running pretty high after my first run and after our 6th run I was so pumped!! Hmmm....looks like I will be coming out more often and having more fun. Besides....the old V700's are still not wasted yet. Need to wear em out so I can put on some fresh rubber.

Again, thanks to everyone that helped put this event together. Without your efforts, these events could not run as smooth and be as fun as they are.

David Morrison
1997 Mustang Cobra SM999
Budman

Post by Budman »

Hey David, did you know you trophied? Let me be the first to say congrats and welcome back!
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
97Cobra

Post by 97Cobra »

Really? Did not know they would trophy 4th place! :D I almost had 3rd....but missed it by .008 seconds. Maybe one more run and I could of improved another 3/10's or so!!! I enjoyed chasing everyone in SM and since right off the bat I was 2 or 3 seconds slower, I had to really buckle down and get focused! I don't think I'll make Bristol since I would want to trailer the car and diesel is so expensive....so I'll try to come to the next local event in Knoxville. See everyone then.

David Morrison
1997 Mustang Cobra SM999
Budman

Post by Budman »

That car needs to go to Bristol....much more open and MUCH MUCH faster! Cant you just drive it there?
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
97Cobra

Post by 97Cobra »

I would have to put on the street tires and get someone to haul the R compounds to Bristol and change them there. I would rather trailer the car up there and just unload and drive.....my calculations put the diesel cost to haul the car to Bristol and back at about $75. If I went to Bristol I would probably choose the expense to tow verses changing tires twice. The Cobra likes big open courses with sweepers. So.....was this weekend a "tight " course??? I heard some people say it was not to their liking and I wondered what they did or did not like. I saw a variation of layout that seemed fair to all types of cars, whether HP cars or small nimble handling cars. I definitely had to think about several areas of the track to try to improve each lap and by working one area at a time I was able to clip off a few tenths each run. I still think I had several tenths left on the table...even with the old Kumho's. Must of been a tight course since I got beat by 3 four cylinders!!! :?

David Morrison
1997 Mustang Cobra SM999