Goodbye Mini..Hello C-stock.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
John Brown

Goodbye Mini..Hello C-stock.

Post by John Brown »

I have sold the Mini S and am looking for a MR spyder,but I'm not sure which one is the right one.I'v heard mixed feelings about the 05 limited slip,but how about the other yrs. Which year is the lightest and fastest?
Anybody have any ideas??

OH...Mike Akard is the new owner of the Mini...yep,I have a corner full of GO-FAST parts in my office to install today. :P :P

My plans for the Spyder are stock for a little while.....then DP baby!!!

jb
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Not sure about your questions on the mr2 spyder but you'll probably be able to find your answeres here: www.spyderchat.com
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

NOOOOOOOO!! You can't do this. Actually you will just make me faster and always finish 2nd, Story of my life. I think most are running 00 or 01 if you do not get the limited slip model. Just update the LSD :lol: .
Welcome to the class!
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

you gonna git a yeller one?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Don't get a 05 John. They have the taller springs. If you get one with a LSD get a 04 with the production date not later than Febuary. You might want to double check that.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Did 04 come with a LSD option??
I think that since it will be going to prepared,might as well have that from the start. Also some compare lsd cars to non-lsd cars and say they(lsd) seem to be slower...having never driven the non-lsd...hell I'd never know the difference.
jb
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

LSD was a option not standard. I do not know which is faster. I know that some say that they would like their old car back. I know that people are saying the the cars with the taller springs drive like crap. Wheels selection in the other big deal with the 04+ cars. They only make a 205 wide tire for the 16in wheels. The older ones I think are running 225 wide tires.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Mark McCrary wrote: ...Febuary...
February

:)

(6th grade spelling bee, 2nd place. Polishes fingernails on shirt then runs away to nitpick someone else)
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Mark McCrary wrote:LSD was a option not standard. I do not know which is faster. I know that some say that they would like their old car back. I know that people are saying the the cars with the taller springs drive like crap. Wheels selection in the other big deal with the 04+ cars. They only make a 205 wide tire for the 16in wheels. The older ones I think are running 225 wide tires.
I thought the lsd was only available as an option on the '05 models. Also, the front wheels were 15's and the rears were 16's so that's where the different tire sizes come in. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this.
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

You are right about the wheels. They did offer the LSD in 04. They tried to put 225 on the front and 205 in the rear and it just had way to mush snap oversteer.
I am a car salesman. Not a English major. I have poor spelling.:D
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
CMS-GT4

Post by CMS-GT4 »

I test drove one the other day, w/o lsd and it was a joy to drive. As long as you in a turn, as soon as you exit, or hit a straight away the smiles goes upside down. The engine needs a good 30 more hp to make it fun.
I did not have a chance to drive the lsd model, but it may not help you much. The car is very well balanced, and has enough power to be able to adjust the nuetral handling very easily. I would almost expect the car to have too much oversteer after adding the lsd, but I could not say for sure. 1 fact though, after driving the RX8 and the MRspyder, I prefered the MRs. Then I got into the 350z.... and I forgot about the spyder.

I would really sugest the trd supercharger kit, since it would keep it under warranty and offer enough power to make the car fun.
If you like to work on the car yourself, there are some interesting swaps using the head and ecu from the 180hp celica gts engine and even the 6speed. Also make some nice turbo kits for those as well. :twisted: But there would go the stock class. Spyderchat.com is really a good source for info on those cars.
Coldiron (Cold - Iron)
92' Celica alltrac: in final stages of rebuild
03' Z: Grocery Gitter