Regional #12

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
BjoynerUTK

Post by BjoynerUTK »

ke0ki2k wrote:
Good job Brittany, that your first raw top 5? pretty sure you, Michael, Eric, and Gebbia wouldve been scaring 41.9xx's if you ran in the second group.
Thanks. I do think that was my first top 5. I really would have like to run in the second run group... we never got the tires hot enough even with two drivers. :cry: Guess that means we aren't pushing it enough? Got any tips for us Mr. FTD twice now... Congratulations to you too.
2002 Subaru WRX
STX 36
steverife

Post by steverife »

James, you were fast. BOO! :P

I'm not sure how much difference there is between the heats. I didn't feel like the surface was getting any better through the first heat.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

BjoynerUTK wrote: :cry: Guess that means we aren't pushing it enough? Got any tips for us Mr. FTD twice now... Congratulations to you too.
Well, learn that second-run-group dance...annnnd EXTREME BURNOUTS! :o Pellissippi state wont mind :lol:
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Dang Ryan.... I thought I was having a bad day with a split turbo coolant hose.

Well, then I got home and was informed that the sewer backed up into the garage... wound up having to dig up a busted exterior line and fix it. Just got finished (7 hour job).
- Dave Disney
coneninja

Post by coneninja »

Awesome course! and Great Team Work! Way too go Curt and Heather!
Can't wait till Walter State, hech can't wait till Nashville!!!

Ryan, Kudos on the dramatic finish, sorry about the engine :oops:

-Lou
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Now Ryan can drop that awe inspiring 4.6L SOHC ModMotor in that car so he can go REAL fast and make big time HP! :P
TedV

Post by TedV »

ddillow wrote:
Scuffcakes wrote:I'd rather hang out with you folks than with the finest people in the world.

Just what are you trying to say? We're second class, but more fun? :roll:

yeah.. umm WTF?? :P :lol: you gots sum splainin to do.

The course was fun. Told y'all the diesel can run up the hill :wink:

Ryan, we heard it knocking and thought you backed out of it on the top section, then it almost seemed like you romped on it at the finish as it went out in a blaze of glory. I looked at the fire extinguishers in the trailer and was hoping there was some closer... cause I really didn't want to do a 100 yard dash with one. Glad it was only smoke that came out with the peices. you can rebuild it, they have the technology. It will be better than it was before.
better, stronger, faster...
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
4DRSpeed

Post by 4DRSpeed »

I had a blast yesterday, my 2nd time out. I was fairly impressed with the Maxima. I kept finding more time and on the final run I was running the piss out of it.

I screwed something up on the left front suspension wise. I think it maybe my CV joint. Heavy vibration while accelerating/decelerating, turning right, a thump when the clutch is in, and some kind of odd squeaking noise when I press the brakes, but doesn't sound like from the brakes. And my alignment is out of wack. I'll pull it apart today.

Either way I had a blast.
-Andrew-
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

TonyBolton wrote:Now Ryan can drop that awe inspiring 4.6L SOHC ModMotor in that car so he can go REAL fast and make big time HP! :P
Weren't you wanting an LS1? I can get you a good deal on one - all you need is a little JB weld. :lol:

Ted, I never heard it knock. I heard it get louder in the bottom section but thought my cat back had finally worked itself loose. I was WOT when it failed.

Anybody get any pictures of it failing? I didn't see the flash fire, but I heard it was something.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Mike998

Post by Mike998 »

Great course! Had lots of fun as always.

A big thanks to David Guffey for giving me some much needed tips on the top end of the course. My next run after we talked was .8s faster.

Sorry to hear about you're motor Ryan. As long as everyone's making suggestions I'll throw in a couple, ZZ383 or LS3. Easy for me to say, those motors cost more than my car. :oops:
Black 94 Miata
STS (or STR) 98 (Depends on how I'm feeling)
steverife

Post by steverife »

I wish the yellow car was there and Pilson and Trey were there in the Subie. :(

Anyway, I did some quick math at it looks like Shawn would need to win AND beat Curt by about 6 tenths to take 2nd back. Curt has been flying in the Mini!
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

steverife wrote:James, you were fast. BOO! :P

I'm not sure how much difference there is between the heats. I didn't feel like the surface was getting any better through the first heat.
higher air temps probably helped though. i'm sure if Disney/Dillow got to run he wouldve been into the 41's and that woulda proven it. I had a ton of grip and it was a metric a$$ load of fun.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

You guys should drive FWD, I was spraying my fronts before the 1st heat was up. :?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
BjoynerUTK

Post by BjoynerUTK »

I saw a ton of people out there taking pictures... Now I would like to see those pictures.
2002 Subaru WRX
STX 36
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

TedV wrote:
ddillow wrote:
Scuffcakes wrote:I'd rather hang out with you folks than with the finest people in the world.

Just what are you trying to say? We're second class, but more fun? :roll:

yeah.. umm WTF?? :P :lol: you gots sum splainin to do.
More of an experiment to see who noticed. :lol:

If I wasn't with you guys on a Sunday, I'd just as soon be at work.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled