Annual election/nominations

Important Announcements
whenry

Annual election/nominations

Post by whenry »

In tune with the national(and other) elections on Tuesday, ETR will be accepting nominations for the following positions Tues evening:
Regional Executive
Secretary
Treasurer
Board of Directors

Depending on the number of nominees we may be having an election shortly thereafter. ETR depends on your participation in our events and I encourage you to be involved. We have good leadership in most positions(we could improve in RE position) and continue to grow and evolve as an organization. We can always improve so if you know of someone including yourself who could help us in our programs, let us know of your interest. No one including myself will be offended if more nominations than the basic requirements are made. We will simply have an election and incorporate any newly elected member into the process.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Just to echo what Wayne said, we have had a lot of people that have been officers for a long time. Sometimes new blood coming in is a good thing and we have had a lot of new people come into the club over the past few years but as general members only.

All that is required for a nomination is your membership, your name on a piece of paper, and two other members in good standing signing off on your nomination.

If you become an officer, you would be expected to carry out your duties to the best of your ability and to attend the monthly board meetings.

I assure you, none of us will be offended by some new people expressing an interest in getting involved as a club officer.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story