70%
Meh, maybe
14%
Nope, can't do it
16%

Total votes: 50

TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

thrdeye wrote:We've all wethered the rain and cold for the benefit of having an event, and after several, we've all sort of figured out that it just ain't worth it in those conditions. Every one is pretty much miserable by the time it's over and it is sometimes hard on equipment. The surface is slicker than shit, which is less safe and less fun.
So what you're sayin' is that i've been "above the curve" for about 2 years now, huh? Thanks! ;)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

TonyBolton wrote:
thrdeye wrote:We've all wethered the rain and cold for the benefit of having an event, and after several, we've all sort of figured out that it just ain't worth it in those conditions. Every one is pretty much miserable by the time it's over and it is sometimes hard on equipment. The surface is slicker than shit, which is less safe and less fun.
So what you're sayin' is that i've been "above the curve" for about 2 years now, huh? Thanks! ;)
no, you're still...... hmmm how did cliff put it??? A pussy. That's it.

Cold is fine.

Wet is fine.

Put those two together and things are not fine.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Dstan

Post by Dstan »

I will be there for the 8t if we can get it moved, I guess John Is just giving me the first event :wink:
David Stanford
PSTC 180 (disclaimer... this class is only valid on the discretion to the SCCA that change ST* rules every 5 minutes)
Tires 140 TW maybe legal tommorrow...WTF
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

thrdeye wrote:no, you're still...... hmmm how did cliff put it??? A pussy. That's it.

Cold is fine.

Wet is fine.

Put those two together and things are not fine.
Hmmmm, thats usually when I wouldn't go. :roll:
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

CABoegemann wrote:
gbwrx wrote:
John Brown wrote:dont matter to me when we have it..nobody expects me to show-up anywayZ......

So,Ill say Im not coming.... HEY Pro-Class you reading this?
IM NOT COMING TO THE EVENT NEXT WEEK... so you guys go on to Huntsville..... (heehee) :wink:
I would like to go to Huntsville but I would rather stay local if there is an event here. Huntsville is a VERY NICE lot.
Yeah. Nice lot! I'm going to Huntsville. Definetly.

Glad you're back John

Give everyone your number who is going to Huntsville. I want to be standing beside you at PSTCC laughing about how many times they call you. You will be telling them that you are on the way AGAIN and AGAIN will be standing in a parking lot in TN. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2013 WRX
BLK97Z3

Post by BLK97Z3 »

Drinkin a beer as I read this...I'll be there, especially since that 6-cyl auto Moostang is in my class. Tony... are ya shakin in yer boots? :lol:
Mike McCarthy - Black Z3 Roadster
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

Brit called it. the hourly is calling for precip-free weather tomorrow during the hours we'd be running :roll: :lol: if it ends up looking like cold-but-autoxable conditions tomorrow, may we never be fooled by the weatherman again :lol:

DAMN YOU HINKINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

How do you figure? It still looks plenty nasty to keep me home. From weather.com:

Don't listen to the locals. The weather channel has a better track record for accuracy. :wink:
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

I was talking about NWS :lol: it showed from 8 am till 4 pm would be clear, mostly sunny, around 40 degrees a couple hours ago. its changed again...still clear...but 30 degrees making it too cold for racin imo. we'll see how it all pans out. but if it looks good/around 40 or higher tomorrow Joyner called it, we can put her in charge of weather predictions from now on :lol:
Budman

Post by Budman »

Looks like we made the right decision.

Today Mar 1

Snow Shower / Wind

High - 39°
Low - 23°

Chance of precipitaion - 60%

Wind from the North at 18mph

FWIW I just went outside and it was cold and raining. I'd have stayed home regardless.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
Jeremy G.

Post by Jeremy G. »

so its looks like I got lucky I didnt miss the first event and I'm soaking up the sun here in Key West 8) ... I luuuuvvv 80 degree weather .....
83 Rx7 Limited Bonestock
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

yeap, good call by those who cancelled. the weather forecasts had to have changed like 10 times overnight :shock: :lol:
Scuffcakes

Post by Scuffcakes »

Jeremy G. wrote:so its looks like I got lucky I didnt miss the first event and I'm soaking up the sun here in Key West 8) ... I luuuuvvv 80 degree weather .....
Now that's just cruel!
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
TedV

Post by TedV »

Scuffcakes wrote:
Jeremy G. wrote:so its looks like I got lucky I didnt miss the first event and I'm soaking up the sun here in Key West 8) ... I luuuuvvv 80 degree weather .....
Now that's just cruel!
watch out for some of the beautiful women there in Key West. might end up finding a tree trunk. now that's cruel.

Burgers and beer at the Hogs Breath is tasty tho.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

It's snowing pretty good here in southwest Knox Co. It's not sticking to anything, but I sure am glad thatI'm not standing in a parking lot today. :D

Not that you can believe an extended forecast, but the current prognosis for next Sunday is 65 degrees. Let's hope that our ETR leaders can negotiate the lot for next Sunday.
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.