Plz explain stock class rules to Tony.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

how many times you guys heard me say that?

Committment... its the best performance option...

with it,you will do what it takes... without it... well. this thread developes..lol
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

I think a mod should delete everything in this thread after post #11 on page 7, and then lock it so we can all be friends :wink:

I was pretty well informed by the earlier civil discussion and I can see where Tony is coming from. I can equally see why it would be difficult to build/enforce rules that would keep cars more literally stock.

My day job requires that I provide good answers to questions, regardless of how many times they have been asked before, and how redundant they may seem to an "expert". I hate saying "just because", and appreciate those who have posted non-inflamatory and thought-through responses to this thread (Ted et. al.). Now, I don't know Tony that well, and I don't troll 8 different internet forums...so maybe I'm uninformed here, but that's where I stand.

"The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain an idea without accepting it."

-Aristotle
Budman

Post by Budman »

steverife wrote:If someone wants to mod the car however they want, no one here has a problem with that.

If someone doesn't agree with the rules, no one here has a problem with that.

However, people do get tired of hearing griping about the rules and constant jabs at the rules from people that have clearly stated that they have no intentions of doing anything differently, regardless of the rules. At that point, your gripe isn't the rules, your gripe is that you want to be competitive, but other people are more committed to the sport and therefore at an advantage.
Well stated Steve. Like I said earlier, the first decision is to determine what equates to be fun for you. You can enjoy modding your car the way you like it and are ok with it if that puts you in a class you're not competitive in cause you're just in it to have fun. The other point of view is to pick a specific car and modify it to be competitive in a specific class that allows the mods you like. Anything else and you won't be happy because that means you want to be competetive in a car that's not competitive in it's class.

Quite a few people have posted up saying that having a car modded to their personal preference takes priority over having a highly competitive car in it's particular class. In fact, I'd say that is a pretty common viewpoint from people that participate primarily at local events.

Others find it most enjoyable to have a car they can be competitive in and have a good chance of winning in if they drive well. This viewpoint is pretty much all you'll find at the divisional and national levels.

It basically boils down to your decision of what you want to do. Unfortunately not all cars will be classed where they are competitive and in fact some cars won't ever be competitive regardless of the class they might be in. Then you go back to the choice again...keep what you have cause you like it and don't worry about if it is competitive or not or get a car that is. These are decisions/choices we all have to make.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I agree with the John's 100%
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I am eating Krystal at the moment.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

WOO-HOO!!!

free Wi-Fi :lol:
Ken03KBGTvert

Post by Ken03KBGTvert »

So, in summation...

1. We all have a good general understanding of why stock cars can be, well, not stock, but still be stock. Thank you again for that explanation.

2. Some people buy cars for the sole purpose of how well it will dodge a cone according to the class it will fall in.

3. Some people don't like dodging cones, they only like winning, and they've found that autoXing is a way to do what they "like".

4. Why are there 500 classes to dodge cones? There just are. That's what it is, if you want to dodge cones, live with it.

5. Some people just want to have fun with their car, in many different ways, including dodging cones, and don't really give a crap about the rules or how they do as long as they are having fun in their car.

6. Some people like to bitch.

7. Some people like to bitch about the people that bitch.

Did I miss anything?

:D
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

I'm done with this thread. Can't we all just be friends? :)
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Ken03KBGTvert wrote:
Did I miss anything?

:D
yes,
How much Pilson likes Krystal,and its free Wi-Fi... :lol:
Ken03KBGTvert

Post by Ken03KBGTvert »

I'm done with this thread. Can't we all just be friends? :)
I thought I made valid points :?: :?

I added a " :D " to the end of my post :(

Everyone is welcome to give being my friend a shot :)
yes,
How much Pilson likes Krystal,and its free Wi-Fi... :lol:
Well, I tried to get all the big stuff covered. I knew I'd miss some small things. :wink:
Dstan

Post by Dstan »

MARKP wrote:I am eating Krystal at the moment.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
David Stanford
PSTC 180 (disclaimer... this class is only valid on the discretion to the SCCA that change ST* rules every 5 minutes)
Tires 140 TW maybe legal tommorrow...WTF
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Pewter Sonoma wrote:I'm done with this thread. Can't we all just be friends? :)
**** you mother****er!!!!! I'm going to punch you in the face next time I see you!!! Argh!!!!!
Last edited by 01badz28 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
tscott

Post by tscott »

Man I could go for some Krystal's...

:eating:
Tyler Scott
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Where do they get those little pieces of cheese anyway?
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

CABoegemann wrote:Where do they get those little pieces of cheese anyway?
and the small cows ... assuming that is actually beef :). BTW, just for the record I love Krystals!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)