Who's ready to play in the rain?!!!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
coquinn

Post by coquinn »

You didn't just go there ...don't call down the thunder.

EDIT: Wait, you just bought tires, I can't help it if you're cheater slicks wouldn't pass tech and you skimped on the new ones! :P
- Chris O'Quinn

2008 Honda S2000 C/R - BS #18
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

coquinn wrote:You didn't just go there ...don't call down the thunder.
:lol: :lol:
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

I finally rode in Darby's car and I will say it is incredibly fast..........And it handled great in the wet too.....
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Oberstwill wrote:I finally rode in Darby's car and I will say it is incredibly fast..........And it handled great in the wet too.....
That car does seem like a whole lot of fun. I rode in it at Nashville when they had the road course.
2013 WRX
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

gbwrx wrote:
Oberstwill wrote:I finally rode in Darby's car and I will say it is incredibly fast..........And it handled great in the wet too.....
That car does seem like a whole lot of fun. I rode in it at Nashville when they had the road course.
seems like it could give STI/Evo's a run for their money in that little niche of practical roomy 4 bangers with lots of grunt & grip.
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

ke0ki2k wrote:
gbwrx wrote:
seems like it could give STI/Evo's a run for their money in that little niche of practical roomy 4 bangers with lots of grunt & grip.
Plus it has more room for groceries..err I mean tires. :D
2013 WRX
backpacker6

Post by backpacker6 »

gbwrx wrote:
ke0ki2k wrote:
gbwrx wrote: That car does seem like a whole lot of fun. I rode in it at Nashville when they had the road course.
I've been really pleased with it so far. It's the perfect balance of fun and practicality for the enthusiast type of driver. It'd be nice if it were AWD but the lighter weight of FWD has it's benefits I suppose. I can't wait to get the extra 25hp 20tq the intake provides 8) I just hope I can hold out til the end of the season.
-Brian Darby

PSTS 8
91 Miata
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

25 hp from an intake? Really?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

thrdeye wrote:25 hp from an intake? Really?
thats what I said :shock:
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I was wondering the same thing when he told me about this last year. I then looked under the hood and started to understand. Stock that thing looks pretty restrictive. 25 hp may be over estimated by who ever makes the intake but may not be too far fetched.
2013 WRX
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

I would like to try racing you in a WRX to level the field some........ :twisted:

backpacker6 wrote:
gbwrx wrote:
ke0ki2k wrote: seems like it could give STI/Evo's a run for their money in that little niche of practical roomy 4 bangers with lots of grunt & grip.
I've been really pleased with it so far. It's the perfect balance of fun and practicality for the enthusiast type of driver. It'd be nice if it were AWD but the lighter weight of FWD has it's benefits I suppose. I can't wait to get the extra 25hp 20tq the intake provides 8) I just hope I can hold out til the end of the season.
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

backpacker6 wrote:
There's a section in the latest GRM about using the Cobb AP and a CAI and it yielding around that much extra HP... It's in the latest issue.

Glad to see everyone had fun! I just couldn't justify driving 2 hours each way to play in the rain. :? I'll be at the next one, though! Rain or shine! :twisted:
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Oberstwill wrote:I would like to try racing you in a WRX to level the field some........ :twisted:

They make them every day. :wink:
2013 WRX
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Man, working course when Darby went by on his last few runs, the guy I was working with and I both just stood there and said "daaaaaaaaaayum!" It was screaming.
Stephen Wilson

backpacker6

Post by backpacker6 »

That's what I said too. It's apparently been verified by the dyno. Curt actually PM'd me about it when he saw the K&N version. The service dude told me the same thing when I bought the car with the hopes of me getting me to buy the Mazdaspeed version from them. We'll see what the butt dyno says when I get one.
-Brian Darby

PSTS 8
91 Miata