What are ya'll doing Saturday, July 25th?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
TedV

Re: What are ya'll doing Saturday, July 25th?

Post by TedV »

I made it from Steve Eckerich's old house, north of Asheville to Powell in 1 hour 15 minutes years ago in the 76 Suburban. Prompting Steve to coin the phrase, "if you dirt track your suburban down I-40, you might be a red neck"

this was in the days before the drift scene, yo
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

Still lots of places to go scare the hippies it looks like with your smoke machine........ :twisted:
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
integra55

Post by integra55 »

gbwrx wrote:And they have been using that instant on radar detectors more often. Kind of makes using the V1 pretty hard.
it's not as easy to dodge them when they are using instant on as when they use full time.... but it helps to stay in the right hand lane as much as possible and make sure there are some faster cars around you.... the V-1 will give a different sound when it's instant on and you have time to slow if your reactions are as quick as they should be....
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I got hosed with the instant on earlier this year. I was wondering where is he and then said screw it and sped back up. I then passed the under cover cop who looked like a thug in a hoopty. I learned my lesson there.
2013 WRX
jamie

Post by jamie »

Its worth it just for the drive through NC. Their roads are spectacular and the views are amazing. Cops aren't bad on NC side of 40. I used to live in Hendersonville, NC and drove it all the time. Have a lot of friends in Asheville area too. Its worth the trip though.
"If God farted it would sound like a Ferrari Scuderia." - 4DrSpeed
coneninja

Post by coneninja »

Budman wrote::shock: You drive fast!!! It just took me 2 hours & 5 minutes to get from BMS to my home in Maryville with a quick gas stop included. Better be careful or Mr. Police man is gonna getch you. Speaking of which I saw plenty of them on the way home.
Awesome! THanks John! That's probably why the coast was clear when we went through! :twisted:
I no longer SPIT HOTFIYA! :(
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

coneninja wrote:
Budman wrote::shock: You drive fast!!! It just took me 2 hours & 5 minutes to get from BMS to my home in Maryville with a quick gas stop included. Better be careful or Mr. Police man is gonna getch you. Speaking of which I saw plenty of them on the way home.
Awesome! THanks John! That's probably why the coast was clear when we went through! :twisted:
That was a fun drive. :twisted:
2013 WRX
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

gbwrx wrote:
coneninja wrote:
That was a fun drive. :twisted:
I (slightly) attempted to catch up to you guys when we left Logan's. I gave up when I got back to 81. :lol:
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

I see you on there Darby...Nice to see mroe ETR representers.....Let me co drive with you then........ 8)
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
Evo8

Post by Evo8 »

What was this thread about again? Oh, yeah, come on down to the Bele Chere autocross!
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

I'm in. I've run a couple of them. Not the best site in the world, but it's cool 'cause there's lots of spectators and Belle Chere is one of the better festivals around. The drive over from Greeneville is also very nice. See ya there.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

I'm in.

-Dave
Dave Sill