FS: 2000 Maxima GLE in Knoxville, TN - GONE!!!

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
SilverMaxima

FS: 2000 Maxima GLE in Knoxville, TN - GONE!!!

Post by SilverMaxima »

TRADED!!! :D
Last edited by SilverMaxima on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
EliseAutoXr

Re: FS: 2000 Maxima GLE in Knoxville, TN

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Dang that is alot of detail. Good luck with the sale!!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Marcus is very thorough, it seems. :shock:

GLWTS!
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

^ Thanks, guys! Yeah, I tried to think of every little thing over the course of a week or so. :lol:
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
tarboy71

Post by tarboy71 »

:P marcus you thought of every thing but a price.
Budman

Post by Budman »

SilverMaxima wrote:2000 Nissan Maxima GLE

I am the third owner, having purchase the vehicle from Ted Russell Nissan in January of 2006. The color combination is the SterlingMist (silver) exterior with the Frost/Light Gray interior. The car currently has 143.3k. I do drive this vehicle daily, so the miles will increase by about 250 per week. It has been autocrossed, but otherwise treated with care. Always given Premium gas (91+), outside of one instance shortly after purchase. I bought the vehicle with 84k miles. Oil was changed every 3 months or 3k miles by Ted Russell or Firestone (also changed by Wal-Mart once). I will also provide additional photos and details upon request. The car is a GLE, so it has all the standard features and then some:

1. Automatic Transmission
2. Leather interior
3. Bose system (minus the headunit)
4. Automatic climate control
5. Power windows, door locks, seats (both front)
6. Llumar Platinum Plus 17% tint on the back 5 windows, 5% Llumar charcoal on the sunroof and a 5% Llumar charcoal strip on the windshield. I also had a piece of black vinyl placed in the rear window over the “bump visor.”
7. I had a DEI Hornet 564T remote-start security system installed. Included is the LCD remote, regular remote, and 4 keys (1 of which is in the bypass module installed under the dash). I also have two remotes for the Nissan alarm.
8. Anti-lock brakes
9. Rear spoiler
10. Moonroof (tilt and automatic forward/back functions)
11. Air conditioning (automatic climate control)
12. Power steering & tilt steering wheel
13. Power door locks
14. Dual front air bags

Modifications:

1. GAB by cutting part of the top of the filter holder
2. Progress Rear Sway Bar (purchased used from an Org member)
3. BlehmCo Stage 1 Lower Tie Bar installed at ???
4. eBay Front Strut Tower Bar
5. Tokico Illuminas with Eibach springs installed at 111k in August 2007
6. G35 Coup 18s wrapped in Falken Ziex 912s (installed late December 2008 at 134.7k)
7. 3000K H3C Mini bulbs in the fog light housing. They are wired with a relay and switch in the fuse box cover and can be turned on/off independent of the other lights (as long as the key is in the Run position).
8. BlehmCo Grounding Kit
9. Front/Rear Clear Sidemarkers with appropriately-colored LED bulbs
10. Zinc-Plated RTP blanks in the front with < 50% Hawk HPS pads (OEM pads/rotors in the rear), installed at 137.5k in March 2009. HPS pads were installed at 104.9k in May 2007.
11. EBay projector headlights retrofitted with E55 (04 Maxima) projectors. The angel eyes have also been upgraded with brighter Leeds. Unfortunately, they’re not nearly as bright as Cycles during the daytime.

Maintenance:

1. Both left and right CV Axles replace at 107.8k in June 2007 with Advanced Auto GSP brand (brand new joints, not rebuilt)
2. Radiator flush at 139k in April 2009
3. Rebuilt AutoZone alternator at 92.9k in August 2006
4. New ignition coils at 84.3k in February 2006
5. New MAF at 84.3k in February 2006
6. New transmission valve body at 84.3k in February 2006
7. New Wal-Mart EverStart Maxx battery at 127.5k in August 2008
8. Bosch Icon wipers installed at 130.5k in November 2008
9. New spark Plugs (NGK Platinum) at 99.1k in January 2007
10. Seafoam treatment at 133.4k in December 2008

I’m looking to get $6500 for the car as it sits. This is negotiable, but please, no lowballing! Title is in hand, I drove it off the lot paid for! ;) I am not looking for a trade (unless you have an 07 STI Limited or an 06/07 STI in World Rally Blue) and will not part out the car unless it does not sell. Also included with the sale will be the OEM 16” 5-spokes with Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs. These are my autocross wheels and tires, and the tires definitely show the wear.

The good:

1. Motor runs strong. Body is in excellent shape, very little rust. Never been in any accidents.
2. No garbage Bose headunit; My Alpine CDA-9856 (complete with iPod high-speed interface cable) is included (along with the Bose headunit). All stock speakers (including the stock sub) are still in place.
3. Can provide all maintenance records.
4. Recent alignment and balancing (lifetime balance & rotation and lifetime alignment at Firestone)
5. Never smoked in. I am a non-smoker and don’t allow others to smoke in my cars.

The bad:

1. Never had a full transmission flush or any drain/refill. Additionally, while driving with a group of people roughly 90 miles, my transmission lost 4th gear at about 85 MPH. I’m sure this was due to trying to keep up with the others, constantly downshifting into 3rd through the almighty gas pedal. I was able to stop and let the engine/transmission cool off and it’s been fine ever since then. This occurred on Sunday, June 28. I did take the car back to Ted Russell for diagnostics and they told me that with the symptoms I described (which they couldn’t duplicate), a technical bulletin instructed them to replace the transmission. Rather than spend over $900 for just the valve body, they told me to come back if it ever happened again. The transmission has been fine ever since then.
2. Car has the usual scrapes and scratches from 143k of miles of driving. Unfortunately, I’ve curbed the bottom of the front bumper and part of the front most splash guard is hanging down (should just need more annoying pop-tabs).
3. The front seats are worn. The driver’s side has holes along the outer bolster (see photos). The passenger side has stains along the bottom cushion from an unfortunate Fabreeze encounter. The rear bench seat won’t clip into place on the left side (probably just needs to be bent into shape).
4. I have corrosion on several screws/bolts around the battery from when Wal-Mart installed it (never again will they touch my vehicle). I have tried to clean the affected areas with baking soda and water then coat it in Vaseline, but nothing has worked long term.
5. The LCD remote for the security system eats a AAA battery every week or so. It works fine, but drains AAAs far too often (and much more than it did when I had the alarm installed). The standard four-button remote still works fine.
6. A small corner of the vinyl strip in the rear window is pealing off. I noticed this a few months ago.
7. The power steering & alternator belts squeal with the heat or A/C on during cool/cold mornings.
8. The usual scratches, dents, and minor rust spots for a car of 9 years and 143k+. I will try to get pictures of the obvious ones. One that comes to mind is the rear driver’s side door; there are several dents around it.
9. I can’t remember if I’ve ever had the wheels perfectly balanced; Even now I still have a slight vibration at 70+MPH.
10. The front springs squeak due (I think) to worn spring isolators (the rubber pieces that go around the bottom 1.5 coils of the spring). The noise doesn’t effect driving performance at all; It’s been present for at least 10 months and I’ve autocrossed the car with it.
11. The parking light sockets for the headlights are screwed up on both sides, so the 194 socket won’t fit. As such, the headlights have no parking light bulb, but the low/high and turn signals work fine. There’s also a nice collection of dead bugs in the housing (but never any condensation or moisture).
12. I’ve curbed the 18s to death… They’re all straight, true, and recently balanced, but could look infinitely better.

The following are some photos taken over the past year or so. The car needs to be cleaned both inside and out, which I plan to do this weekend and take new photos.

Photobucket Album
I think you need to put your glasses on there ya old fart! :P :lol:
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
jamie

Post by jamie »

SilverMaxima wrote: 4. I have corrosion on several screws/bolts around the battery from when Wal-Mart installed it (never again will they touch my vehicle). I have tried to clean the affected areas with baking soda and water then coat it in Vaseline, but nothing has worked long term.
Can of Coca~Cola. Seriously, it works and the corrosion won't come back.
Makes me wonder what it does to the intestinal tract... :shock:
"If God farted it would sound like a Ferrari Scuderia." - 4DrSpeed
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

^ I may try that at some point; Thanks!

TTT. About to start returning the Max to stock. :(
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Bumpage.
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Bump! Price drop to $6300. Foglights, rear sway bar, and FSTB are no longer on the car.
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Bump for a new price: $6200.
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

Bump. Stock suspension with 135k is now on the car. *cries softly* New price: $6k OBO!
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

SilverMaxima wrote:Stock suspension is now on the car.
I bet that feels wierd after driving it for so long on the stiffer parts.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

TennTechMan wrote:I bet that feels wierd after driving it for so long on the stiffer parts.
You have no idea! It feels horribly... Unnatural now. :cry:
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

UPDATE!!! Car will be traded into a local dealership either Friday evening or Saturday afternoon. I'm asking $4750 (slightly negotiable) for the car in stock trim (16" 5-spokes with Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs at the wear bars, Bose HU/sub, OEM headlights). PM me or reply here for more info.
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random