any good lawyers around the Kingsport area?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
mrsoul55

any good lawyers around the Kingsport area?

Post by mrsoul55 »

This is not for me! I don't condone drinking and driving at all.

Anyone know of a good lawyer in Kingsport or even Knoxville? This is the person's 4th offense but I'm not sure over how many years. He's pretty sure he's facing jail time but I told his closer family that I'd ask about lawyers anyway. Thanks everyone.
Last edited by mrsoul55 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
BOBOMOFO

Re: any good dui lawyers around the Kingsport area?

Post by BOBOMOFO »

I know of two good ones here in Johnson City: I know there names and you can find there #'s in the phone book.

Richard "Dick" Pectol - hard to acquire and costs a pretty penny, but he got me out of some "serious" trouble several years back. ( Stupid teenager, with anger issues... :roll: )

Don Spurell- same caliber, but I think his fee's are a little less.

Both attorney's take on the most serious legal cases up here.....(murder, assualts, drug offenses, etc.)

Good Luck,

-Robert
97' M3
2009 STU Regional Champ.......
Dstan

Post by Dstan »

umm he needs help

I love beer but will not ever drive after drinking... Maybe this is the best thing for your friend
4th time is way too much!!
David Stanford
PSTC 180 (disclaimer... this class is only valid on the discretion to the SCCA that change ST* rules every 5 minutes)
Tires 140 TW maybe legal tommorrow...WTF
tomvan72

Post by tomvan72 »

Ever hear the saying "Dont mess with Texas"? Evidently I didnt and got 3 weeks of HARD CORE PRISON time when I was 19 for a second offence. Very lame to get any dui. Like Dstan said, Help comes in many different forms.
And not like Hard Core like you pervs are thinking :shock:
95 Miata
Laguna Blue
sts 72 in the works
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

tomvan72 wrote:Ever hear the saying "Dont mess with Texas"? Evidently I didnt and got 3 weeks of HARD CORE PRISON time when I was 19 for a second offence. Very lame to get any dui. Like Dstan said, Help comes in many different forms.
And not like Hard Core like you pervs are thinking :shock:
What? No Office Space PMITA Prison?
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

I agree with all the sentiments here. I love to drink. I'm a bourbon man myself. But I've never drank and driven. I just never wanted to screw up my life like that.

This person is a married into distant relative. We talk once a year at a family gathering. He definitely needs to get his life in order.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
JOHN226

Post by JOHN226 »

mrsoul55 wrote:I agree with all the sentiments here. I love to drink. I'm a bourbon man myself. But I've never drank and driven. I just never wanted to screw up my life like that.

This person is a married into distant relative. We talk once a year at a family gathering. He definitely needs to get his life in order.
Sounds like a good jail sentence would do that for him. Good of you to help him out, but I don't want that jackass on the road with me. Imagine all the other times he didn't get pulled over drinking and driving, he deserves to go to jail.
John Manners
SS26 C8 Corvette Z06
BS26 Shelby GT350
AS26 C6 Corvette Z51
EM26 Exomotive Exocet
FS26 BMW E46 M3 6MT
AS26 BMW E86 Z4 Roadster
awdbandito

Post by awdbandito »

Steve Oberman is THE MAN when it comes to this sort of thing. It will cost him A LOT but if anybody can help Steve can.

http://www.tndui.com/
J.D.
whenry

Post by whenry »

Actually in these cases, there are multiple strategies:
1) look for defects in the subject case ie bad stop, field sobriety tasks, bad toximeter
2) look for defects in the cases that are used for enhancement ie bad paperwork

I dont know what time period your semi-family member is dealing with but between the 4th offense DUI and the likely other offenses ie driving on revoked license, driving without insurance, violation of implied consent(the wisdom for multi-time losers is to decline the test), etc, it aint going to be pretty and more than likely will require about 4 months of his life plus $1000's in court costs and fines plus significant atty fees.
My best advice is to get a local who will know the customs and practices of the specific court and DA.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

I agree..................... JAIL
2010 Subaru STI
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Wayne -

He was on a revoked license and did decline to take the sobriety test.

His immediate family is worried that he could go to the state pen instead of "just" a county jail.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Last edited by gbwrx on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 WRX
integra55

Post by integra55 »

mrsoul55 wrote:Wayne -

His immediate family is worried that he could go to the state pen instead of "just" a county jail.

I hate it for you and his family , but that might be the best thing for the rest of us.... seems like that may be the only way to get this drunk off the road
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Budman

Post by Budman »

integra55 wrote:
mrsoul55 wrote:Wayne -

I hate it for you and his family , but that might be the best thing for the rest of us.... seems like that may be the only way to get this drunk off the road
X2!!! I know they say if you can't be nice then don't say anything at all, but if the dummy hasn't gotten it figured out by now he is either too stupid to understand or he doesn't give a crap! If he wants to be an alcoholic and screw his life up then that's his problem, but when he decides to climb behind the wheel while in a DUI state then that's attempted murder in my book. To get caught doing that more than once (who knows how many times he didn't get caught) means he needs to stay someplace where he doesn't have that option.....ever.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
01badz28

Re: any good lawyers around the Kingsport area?

Post by 01badz28 »

Honestly sounds like the guy needs to spend some time in jail (or a rehab clinic) before he kills someone (no offense to the OP).
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3