Spy Shot

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thrdeye

Re: Spy Shot

Post by thrdeye »

gbwrx wrote:
gbwrx wrote:
thrdeye wrote:Hrm...gonna try to make it work with only 1 cat?
Who makes one with 2 in it?
Well, I see that Maddad does and it is only $719.00. :roll: :roll: :roll:
yeah but wont you feel so much better knowing that you are within EPA compliance? And that your car will be street legal?

SCCA and some of their stupid ass rules :roll:
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

Is that for a high flow in the downpipe and one in the mid pipe?
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Basically. It is all one piece though.
2013 WRX
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

thrdeye wrote:If you go to STU make sure you have a stock heatshield....unless that rule has changed.

"Heatshields may be modified the minimum amount necessary to incorporate approved changes" or somethin like that.

Congrats on the purchase. If you need help with anything, lemmie know.

You on nasioc yet? Beware teh OT

Oh and Gebbia...here are those coilovers. Can't beat em for the price - http://www.importimageracing.com/mm5/me ... -coilovers

I really don't think you need doubles with a RR

Actually these were the ones I had (standard). I think inverted suspension will ride a little rougher than these - http://www.importimageracing.com/mm5/me ... -coilovers
Wouldn't SPT be considered "stock"-ish...? Yeah, I'm on IWSTI and NASIOC as SubieEngineer. Been there for months now. I wondering into NASIOC OT and instantly wasted about 3 hours. :lol:

So you have the BC Racing BR series? Or ER Series? IIRC, the BR is the cheaper, more streetable version, while the ER is more track/AX oriented. I wouldn't mind some REC T2s or T0s, but those are $1750+. :(
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Congrats on the new purchase - that is a huge step up from the Maxima. :rockon:

Best thing is, you've got plenty of seats for those Subaru honeys you are about to attract:

Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Those RCE T2's are what I had been looking at. They are probaby 1st on my wish list right now. I am going to look into the BC Racing now though.

As for the heat shield I would go ahead and get stock to be safe. Probably a little cheaper also.
2013 WRX
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

If it hasn't changed, anything other than a stock heat shield is illegal. Use some tin snips to clear the downpipe.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

WOW !! Two pages of off topic from only one "spy shot". :lol: :lol: 8)
'78 Volvo Yellow (Lance) He's Baaaaaack!
'84 Volvo 245 Turbo White(Lightning)
"83 Volvo 242 Turbo Black (Thunder)
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

4Davey wrote:WOW !! Two pages of off topic from only one "spy shot". :lol: :lol: 8)
That's nothing. :lol:
2013 WRX
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

BC Racing. It sucks that you can't search 2 lettered words on NASIOC. BC search won't give me anything. :x
2013 WRX
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

gbwrx wrote:BC Racing. It sucks that you can't search 2 lettered words on NASIOC. BC search won't give me anything. :x
I got this... ;)

Here's a guy selling the ER Series for $1500. And here's a review for them.

For the cheaper BR series, here's a review for those.

Google is your friend; just add "site: http://www.nasioc.com/forums" to the end of your search terms. ;)
Dentspeed66 wrote:If it hasn't changed, anything other than a stock heat shield is illegal. Use some tin snips to clear the downpipe.
Honestly, I'd rather get the SPT and not worry about having to cut it. And, since I'm going to ATL on Friday, a guy in Acworth will sell me his for $35. :D
4Davey wrote:WOW !! Two pages of off topic from only one "spy shot". :lol: :lol: 8)
You should visit more often... This is a daily occurrence! :mrgreen:
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

SilverMaxima wrote:
gbwrx wrote:BC Racing. It sucks that you can't search 2 lettered words on NASIOC. BC search won't give me anything. :x
I got this... ;)

Here's a guy selling the ER Series for $1500. And here's a review for them.

For the cheaper BR series, here's a review for those.

Google is your friend; just add "site: http://www.nasioc.com/forums" to the end of your search terms. ;)
Dentspeed66 wrote:If it hasn't changed, anything other than a stock heat shield is illegal. Use some tin snips to clear the downpipe.
Honestly, I'd rather get the SPT and not worry about having to cut it. And, since I'm going to ATL on Friday, a guy in Acworth will sell me his for $35. :D
You should visit more often... This is a daily occurrence! :mrgreen:
If you're not planning on doing any national stuff, then more than likely it won't matter.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I was looking at RCE's website and my Ohlins fixed perch struts have gone up almost $200 since I bought them. :rockon: I have noticed that those things go pretty quick used on NASIOC. That will help me fund this stupid STU project. But, then I will realize I like AS better and want my Ohlins back. :cry:

I still am liking the RCE T2's a little better right now. The price of the BC's are nice but the RCE's seem to be somewhat proven. Anyone running the BC's nationally?
2013 WRX
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

gbwrx wrote:I was looking at RCE's website and my Ohlins fixed perch struts have gone up almost $200 since I bought them. :rockon: I have noticed that those things go pretty quick used on NASIOC. That will help me fund this stupid STU project. But, then I will realize I like AS better and want my Ohlins back. :cry:

I still am liking the RCE T2's a little better right now. The price of the BC's are nice but the RCE's seem to be somewhat proven. Anyone running the BC's nationally?
Exactly. The T2s are proven, and I've heard nothing about everything else as far as AX goes. Since we're talking baller coilover status here, I wonder how the Ohlins COs compare with the T2s? The Ohlins are $5k new, and I saw someone selling them used with 15k or so for $2.5k
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

That would be worth looking into. Got a link?
2013 WRX