My STi is totaled

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

i had friend at bivens body shop look at your pics. looks totaled to him, too.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Thanks, guys. I'm not gonna freak out until I hear something from the insurance co.
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

Leadfoot wrote:Also, while I'm here... Anyone know a good cheap body shop? My daughter backed into my son's Focus in the driveway. Estimates from Donnie and Fox in Oak Ridge were both about $1000. She took off the passenger-side mirror and dented the passenger door.
As fas as the mirror is concerned, you can replace it yourself. That is asuming the door is not bent where the mirror attaches. It takes about 15 to 30 minutes. I have replaced two on my wife's Focus so the next one I replace will take even less time. As far as the dent is concerned, I have had excellent results from the body shop where John works at Ted Russell Ford on Parkside drive.

Dewey
firingonfour

Post by firingonfour »

I'd also recommend Mark Erwin (per Tim's initial recommendation). He's a great guy, ETR member, works fast, and is resonably priced. On top of that it's great work. I heard about him from Robert C., and he did some paint on the Honda after I bought it.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

i might have to get him to fix my front lip the next time it falls off.
Chris Harp
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Donny Hitch says they told the insurance agent that my car is totaled. Now waiting to hear from the insurance agent.

Anyone have Mark Erwin's number or e-mail? Not in a big hurry, with the holidays and my car situation, but I'd like to have it handy.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

they have a really cool white/gold (my fav combo) 05 STi down at grayson. :D

I guess you could see if duff could get you one though.
Chris Harp
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Yeah, I like the white/gold combo, too. I'm thinking it's time for something other than blue. I'm planning to check out Grayson tomorrow.
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

Dave,

Sorry to see your car totaled, but glad you are healthy. Looks like quite a hit. Glad your family wasn't in the car with you. My competition just keeps getting tougher-'05 STi and all. Hope I get a ride to compare. :mrgreen:
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Thanks, Trey. An '05 isn't a done deal...have to work out the finances. But don't worry, I think the '05s are just a tad slower than the '04s. :wink:
OvenMitts

Post by OvenMitts »

wow, I am very very glad to see you're alright- its a good thing they build those Subies like tanks. You feelin' normal again yet?

If you do decide to part it out, I might be interested in a few parts along with some other board members. (dibs on the sunvisors) And at least that girl didn't hit those nice, shiny BBS wheels. :wink:
Matt Tomlinson
1996 Subenstein
2002 Golf TDI
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

thrdeye wrote:they have a really cool white/gold (my fav combo) 05 STi down at grayson. :D

I guess you could see if duff could get you one though.
My favorite is the champaigne color that I saw at the Subaru event in Atlanta.

I haven't had any personal dealings with either Subaru dealer but if I were buying one, I doubt I would buy it from Grayson. :?
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Grayson???????? :roll: :roll: That's like a curse word or something. I can't get enough of the Duff. :lol:
2013 WRX
OvenMitts

Post by OvenMitts »

The tech guys at grayson are pretty cool, but the sales guys aren't. The parts guy is ok too. I've never been to Duff, how far away is it?

BTW, i think the "other silver" ones are hott stuff, some gunmetal rims on 'em look fantastic.
Matt Tomlinson
1996 Subenstein
2002 Golf TDI
Williampreza

Post by Williampreza »

Sheeshz! You don't check the board for a couple days and look what you miss! I'm sorry to hear about your car Dave, I'm glad to hear you survived without breaking anything hard. :?
Will Lavender
#44 HS Nissan Frontier?