End of the year
16%
Maybe for some events
11%

Total votes: 19

CaptJordi

Event Pics

Post by CaptJordi »

I am planning on being at all events again this year with camera in tow and thought I would put a feeler out for this.
(Usually 99kiasephia posts the pics I take, but this year I will try to post them or at least get him to post them sooner!)

I am thinking about selling CDs with pictures of the events this year. I will do a cd for each event and then also a kind of highlight one at the end of the season. Last year on average I took about 200-300 pictures per event, and will weed through and put the best on a cd. Also if you contact me before the event with your car Make and Color and Number I will try my best to get some extra shots for you and make a more personalized cd for you. Also all photos will have some light editing done to them.

Right now estimated price will be:
$5 for each event
$8 for personalized cd
$20 for the end of the year. (these will be on a dvd)

Thoughts, Comments, Suggestions are welcome!

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
CaptJordi

Re: Event Pics

Post by CaptJordi »

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

ok,at the risk of sounding like Im whining... lol

I love that anyone takes the time to take good photos... really I am. But after years of doing this heres what Iv seen..

The Pro Class runs last 99% of the time.. for whatever reason..you can almost count on the class running last. The Photo team starts early in the day,and Im sure either uses up all the film/memory whatever or just gets burned out.. (I would) lol

So if you look thru all the photo groups/sessions/ takers..whatever, you will either notice NO Pro class photos,or very,very few.

So if this happens this year,ya might want to hang around for the fastest class,not to mention its looking like a very large group of competitors.. YEAH!!! :rockon:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

I am still learning all of the classes but I will definitely make sure to take lots of pro for ya! :)

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

I would be interested in a full year DVD.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

Thanks for the votes so far guys!

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

I could definitely see times where I would take you up on something like this. Mainly once I actually get my car painted, or if I actually won something :lol:

I also have a feeling people who aren't out as often and/or may not be on this board might be more interested than folks who are at every event every year; the type of person for whom it's a once ever, or once in a very long while experience. Just a thought.

Not sure what SCCA policy is on stuff like this, but it'd be beneficial to mention this in the drivers meeting or post a bill somewhere near the registration tent.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
JOHN226

Post by JOHN226 »

Interested.
John Manners
SS26 C8 Corvette Z06
BS26 Shelby GT350
AS26 C6 Corvette Z51
EM26 Exomotive Exocet
FS26 BMW E46 M3 6MT
AS26 BMW E86 Z4 Roadster
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

Wheelman_13 wrote:I could definitely see times where I would take you up on something like this. Mainly once I actually get my car painted, or if I actually won something :lol:

I also have a feeling people who aren't out as often and/or may not be on this board might be more interested than folks who are at every event every year; the type of person for whom it's a once ever, or once in a very long while experience. Just a thought.

Not sure what SCCA policy is on stuff like this, but it'd be beneficial to mention this in the drivers meeting or post a bill somewhere near the registration tent.
Yeah good thinking! I'll try to do a sign or something and a sign up sheet so I can get in touch with those that are interested and not on here.

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

From a club perspective, an end-of-year "yearbook" video would be cool to have, but it would need to be more than just cars running. Would need to be candids of the people doing things.

You could probably get away with pictures with an audio track.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

We will definately do an end of the year one. And I'll definately get some candid shots and some pre event and post event shots. I know I will be at the first PSCC event and most likely Chattanoogan dunno about Dixie yet, that all depends on Gary.

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography