For all Gran Turismo lovers....

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Adam

For all Gran Turismo lovers....

Post by Adam »

Yup,the greatest driving game ever is a little over a month from US release.Here is the official game site that shows some clips,pictures and a huge list of cars.The game has been pushed more than 1 year now but seems to be well worth it! I don't know the release date but it is soon.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/O ... 7328/Site/

Sorry if I have also been a stranger lately and at the end of last season I missed alot of racing but I am ready to go this year and run strong! :) If anyone needs to reach me you can at 389-1314.

BTW:The others and I got everything cleared from that ridiculous saturday night when we were pulled over.Only court charges of $217.00 I had to pay.A total loss of around $1100.00 for the whole stupid deal though after bond,towing bill,lawyer,court cost and a purposeless videotape of a lying officer.But it's over anyways.

Adam Ezell
98 Honda Prelude Type SH
SM 29
mrsoul55

Re: For all Gran Turismo lovers....

Post by mrsoul55 »

Adam wrote:Yup,the greatest driving game ever is a little over a month from US release.Here is the official game site that shows some clips,pictures and a huge list of cars.The game has been pushed more than 1 year now but seems to be well worth it! I don't know the release date but it is soon.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/O ... 7328/Site/
I think the release date is sometime in March. I've had the dang thing on order since February so I certainly hope it's soon!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I can't wait to get one. Why on earth has it took so long for them to release it. I just got done searching all over and finally found a used Colin McRae Rally 3. I love that game. Make you look ahead. :D
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Adam

Post by Adam »

Looking ahead is everything! Rally games are good for that.Looks like February 23rd can't come soon enough.Im going to get the latest generation wheel and pedals for the game.Supposed to be more realistic than the wheel for GT3. The steering lock is tighter and more precise to all of the cars.Between playing the game and driving the dragon so much this winter i should be ready to own some auto-xers this spring!

Adam
98 Honda Prelude Type SH
SM 29
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

[quote="Adam"Between playing the game and driving the dragon so much this winter i should be ready to own some auto-xers this spring.[/quote]

Does the dragon really help with autox?
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I am thinking of getting a wheel and pedals but I really did not like the earlier ones. I used to be into racing games hard-core before I could drive. I have a TSW hand built wheel and pedals for a PC. I need to sell it since I never use it anymore. Does anyone know of where I could post it for sale? Its real nice, no bungie cord to wear out.
I like the rally games a little better that Gran Turismo because of the in-car view and it at first you can't remember which corner comes up next so you better look way out front.
I want to run the Gap soon. I know got some decent tires for the miata and I really want to see how the supercharger does in 3rd gear all the way through and the fact that I still have not to a M2 Miata down there. If anyone plans on going on a Tuesday or a Sunday and want someone to come along let me know. I would be up for it if the weather is good.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

mrsoul55 wrote:Does the dragon really help with autox?
I think it can. It is a very good place to work on hand positioning and possibly left foot braking.

Keep in mind that you don't have to go fast to work on the correct hand positioning in the turns. Actually, it might be better if you went a little slower than you might be inclined to run it just to concentrate more on your hands.

Another thing to definitely keep in mind is there is a LOT of traffic up there and more than 50% of the vehicles are motorcycles. This is NOT a place to go screw around and cross the lines on the road. The last time I was up there I saw a bad crash between two motorcycles. It would have been much worse with a car involved.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

MARKP wrote:
mrsoul55 wrote:Does the dragon really help with autox?
I think it can.
I like it up there too. When I go, I like to work on my threshold braking. In autox, there isn't alot of opportunity for 100+mph to 40mph braking/turning. It's what gives me the rush and makes your hands shake when you get out and rest at that gas station. :twisted:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Scared the crap outta myself at the Subie meet this past weekend....wasn't even going fast.

The guys were like "You got the 1000 Watt driving lights, you lead."

I'm like, "Hmm. Makes sense."

Anyway, the right handers were awesome, since I could see the entrance and exit of the turn, but the left handers were pure hell, Since we were going towards NC, the only thing on that side of the road were trees.

edit: It also didn't help that I had to buckle in my sixxer of Horsby's and it was rattlin' around f'in up my concentration.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I like to go there and concentrate on hand positioning and just be as smooth as I possibly can. Last season when autocrossing, I almost invariably went faster when I pushed harder and went slower when I focused on being smooth. Hopefully, I'll be faster at being smooth this season.

I also like to run through US-116 when I head in that direction to visit family.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Adam

Post by Adam »

Update: Looks like it will be around the middle of March now :roll: I don't know how to put pics on here but check this out! Im gonna be in heaven with this game!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/gra ... l?page=344[/img]

Adam
98 Prelude Type SH
SM 29