Trip to LMU lot!!!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Doug

Post by Doug »

That will be great if so, because even the figures I listed for total area allowed for a 33 ft. wide access lane around the right side of the building.
Doug Allen
89 Civic Si
ST 98
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

:rockon:
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Here are the pictures McCrary took:

http://www.etrscca.org/gallery/lmu_lot/
- Dave Disney
whenry

Post by whenry »

Hmmm Park trailers, tow vehicles and crew around the back of the building and use the side away from the ball field/tennis courts for paddock/grid and access to rear. Still a lot of pavement to work with for a course.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
Doug

Post by Doug »

whenry wrote:Hmmm Park trailers, tow vehicles and crew around the back of the building and use the side away from the ball field/tennis courts for paddock/grid and access to rear. Still a lot of pavement to work with for a course.
I agree except for the part about access to the rear from the side lot. If you look at the first three pictures you can see how steep the bank is between the sidewalk and the building. That's the way you have to go to get from the side lot to the rear. On the bright side, there is no curb on the side opposite the tennis courts so I think empty trailers could be backed onto the grass. If needed, the rear lot could be used but it would be a long walk.
Doug Allen
89 Civic Si
ST 98
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

WOW. Awesome lot. I bet we could get some fast courses going there.

We need to "advertise" for events up that way. Especially if there is a 'southern Kentucky" region or something.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'm fired up! :D

I hope Godfather's Pizza across the street still has the Sunday pizza buffet deal they had when I was staying up there. :P
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

thrdeye wrote:We need to "advertise" for events up that way. Especially if there is a 'southern Kentucky" region or something.
I think this is the closest region. http://www.ckrscca.org/ They are based in Lexington, KY.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Adam

Post by Adam »

MARKP wrote:
thrdeye wrote:We need to "advertise" for events up that way. Especially if there is a 'southern Kentucky" region or something.
I think this is the closest region. http://www.ckrscca.org/ They are based in Lexington, KY.
Yes! Get those Dukes of Hazzard boys down here! That lot looks awesome! :rockon:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Looks like they don't have a message board.
Chris Harp
Doug

Post by Doug »

The Blue Ridge Region (VA) may also have some members who would be interested. I'll keep them up to date.
Doug Allen
89 Civic Si
ST 98
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Here is a view of the lot, in case anyone was confused about it's shape.

Chris Harp
MrSi2u

Post by MrSi2u »

wow.. um i know im new and stuff but ive been trying to find some auto x stuff for a while now. i just stumbled across this today. it would be so great if you could get lmu. i only live like maybe five minutes from it (plus my fiancegoes there so im there often) and if there is anything i could do to help you guys out i would be happy to do so. as far as parking goes there wont be much of a problem, hardly anyone ever parks there on normal occasions, there is also plenty of other parking in other areas. it is especially easy on weekends because not many ppl are there, and during summer no one is there. but i do know that I and most of my friends would definatly come.
04 VBP Civic Si (stock for now)
whenry

Post by whenry »

Thanks. That pic really helps me understand the lot a little better. Just hope that we get to keep it on the schedule. We need to find some LMU students who will adopt us so that as a student activity, we get more priority.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

MrSi2u wrote: if there is anything i could do to help you guys out i would be happy to do so. .
If we get the lot, a morning "weather report" would be of great help to us long travelers. :D