4/18/10 Autocross on the Speedway

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
01badz28

Re: 4/18/10 Autocross on the Speedway

Post by 01badz28 »

gbwrx wrote:
John Brown wrote:well...while I like Richard,that may be a harsh statement.
Nice to see Andrews(TR member) just below it
I feel that it is a harsh statement also. It's not like out of towners were the only reason the event got delayed. I believe that TR had some people hit the lights and they had a car catch on fire. It has already been said but you really cant avoid these things and there is no way to predict them sometimes.

I personally don't care because if they end up doing that and I still want to run the event...then I will just pay the extra to be a TR member this year. With that said I probably will just sit the event out and not pay anything extra. The Miata is fun out there but an event like that really makes me miss the power that I had. I was wanting some more autox elements out there just to spice it up. If I were in the STi I wouldn't even think of that.
Yup - The Z06 that hit it was registered out of Hendersonville.

If I decide to do the next track event, I'll just add a TRSCCA membership - not that big of a deal.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

gbwrx wrote:How do you become a member of more than one region? :lol:

Darby can tell you. He went behind our backs last year to take one of their championship trophies.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

I forgot about that. Darby, how much more did you have to pay?
2013 WRX
Budman

Post by Budman »

I'm pretty sure you only have to pay the region's membership fee, not the Nat'l one. Most are around $15 - $25 I think. David Stanford might chime in here as well since he runs for championships with several different regions.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
backpacker6

Post by backpacker6 »

Not sure, but it wasn't much. This years renewal is only $10 extra though.
-Brian Darby

PSTS 8
91 Miata
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

That's not bad at all. Guess their membership will jump up if they put that in place.
2013 WRX
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I doubt that would ever happen..I mean about the Region Only thing. Id think that would have a negative repercussion on the Club for sure...

I never seen that anywhere else before.. have you guys?
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Just events like PCA. We actually limit our schools to ETR members only. Or maybe it's SCCA members only (not sure).
2013 WRX
Budman

Post by Budman »

John Brown wrote:I doubt that would ever happen..I mean about the Region Only thing. Id think that would have a negative repercussion on the Club for sure...

I can see how I got you confused now that I look at it... I was assuming the person already had paid his National & ETR dues and was just wanting to add a membership to another region. Does that help?
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

John Brown wrote:I doubt that would ever happen..I mean about the Region Only thing. Id think that would have a negative repercussion on the Club for sure...

My thoughts exactly on limiting an event to a certain region only.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

Well even though I did not attend, I can see both sides of the story. Actually on the next page, the poster recanted his statement about TRSCCAonly saying it was more about frustration sicne he heard about the complaining on FB and twitter.

A couple of years ago, it only cost me an additional five dollars to join ETR when I was already a TRSCCA member. I think in time this two shall pass as an issue............They are just lucky I was not driving a red SVT to pax them all............. :fight:

I hope to have the old white car running again in a couple of days.
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
andrewkeisler

Post by andrewkeisler »

they best not be bitching about broken cars slowing things down, I coasted off track and told them not to send the wrecker cas I didnt want to make things any slower then they had been, same for John. While the 240 waisted like 20 min. Also that would be pretty snobby to exclude other regions. Shit happens
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

We used to have this thing called the Dogwood Grand Prix... I don't think you had to be an ETR member but you did have to be an SCCA member. That was in the days before you had to be an SCCA member to run an autocross.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
tomsn16

Post by tomsn16 »

I can assure you that TRSCCA will not close future track events to TR members only. TR has enjoyed and appreciated the many drivers from ETR, Chatt, Ken and Ala that have attended TR events for many years. Look forward to seeing you at the next one.
Jim T
PS....Sunday would have been a near perfect event if ole Murphy had not worked us over with sooooooooooooo many delays in heats 1&2...fires,spins,car breakdowns and the finish timer hit twice. If all heats had run like heat 3 ( 1.5 hours ) we would have finished at 4:30.
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Thanks for posting Jim. I have always enjoyed coming out to any event in Nashville. Well, I enjoy any day autocrossing...no matter where it is.
2013 WRX