2005 kickoff Auto- X

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
leegrx7

2005 kickoff Auto- X

Post by leegrx7 »

It was wet, it was well run, it was wet and it was fun----many thanks to Mark Pilson for organizing a great kick-off event for the 2005 season. we are looking forward to the next event already.
Tegan Graser and Lee Graser.
Budman

Post by Budman »

I second that and would like to say thanks to everyone that helped set it up. This was my first ever event and I had a freakin blast. My little Saturn and I will defintely be coming to the next one....see ya'll there! Also thanks to all those that took time to answer all of my questions on here and at the event. I'm still riding the euphoric wave.....yeehaw!
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
Adam

Post by Adam »

Budman wrote:I second that and would like to say thanks to everyone that helped set it up. This was my first ever event and I had a freakin blast. My little Saturn and I will defintely be coming to the next one....see ya'll there! Also thanks to all those that took time to answer all of my questions on here and at the event. I'm still riding the euphoric wave.....yeehaw!
First event? Good job! It was wet out there today and my feet are still cold.(Shoes waterlogged) :(
celicaqs

Awesome 1st event of the Season!!

Post by celicaqs »

Well.......for the weather we had....this event was awesome. Sorry about the weather for all those that this was their first event....I forgot to shut off the faucet Sunday morning! :oops: Haha. Anyway, the first one of the season went extremely well and I know we are all looking forward to many many many more this year (but with good weather...I hope!) See everyone March 6th...same place...same time! 8)
Brandon Kling
92 Mazda Miata
90 Celica....the P.O.S
dfsmith

Post by dfsmith »

Thanks, Pilson, for putting together a fun kick-off event, and thanks to everyone else for helping set-up and run the event. I had a BLAST putting the Miata through its inaugural autocross.
Dave Smith

'09 Honda Accord LX-P (daily beater/greyhound bus)
'08 Ford Ranger XL (parts & manure hauler)
'74 Porsche 914 (perpetual project car)
ImpressvRS

Post by ImpressvRS »

Big Thanks to Mr. P for a great event.....Wait a sec...Oh yeah, I wasn't there!! :shock: But what the heck was my car doing there?!?!?! Apparently it WON pro class, finished 2nd in STS AND it got 3rd and 7th overall in PAX. :oops: Damn, I should stay home and let it go out on it's own more often!

Umm.....Dudes.....Where's my car? :?
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
STS 70
MarshallMX5

Post by MarshallMX5 »

That was really fun after work was over. I had no idea my car would have that much grip in that much water! Not too much traction for plenty of slip-sliding fun though. :P
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Great job today today in less than optimal weather conditions. It took several hours to thaw out after than bone-chilling rain today, but I had a great time. It sure feels good to have the season inder way; it's been a long winter.
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
larry

First Event

Post by larry »

I really hate that I had to miss the opener....I have been looking forward to the first race since last season ended. I have been stuck here at the Indy motorcycle dealer show for Meco/Aussie Sports all weekend, very exciting but I would rather have been there in the rain! I hope to make the next one.
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

ImpressvRS wrote:But what the heck was my car doing there?!?!?! Apparently it WON pro class, finished 2nd in STS AND it got 3rd and 7th overall in PAX...
:twisted:

Uhh, thanks for letting me borrow your car, again. I think I need a Subaru. I keep doing pretty well in them for some reason. :mrgreen: This event was even more fun than the one in Atlanta. You should have seen the powerslides at the finish. :shock: 8)

On another note, a BIG thanks to everyone who helped put this on. I wish we could have had better weather, but I don't think we could have asked for a better event in light of the weather. As everyone knows, it takes more than a few people to put on the events and all the help really makes the events a lot better. There were even several new people that helped a bunch with course setup and teardown. THANKS!!
Last edited by MARKP on Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Thanks for a great event Mark. With the weather you could not ask for a more smooth running event. It was definatly more fun than Atlanta.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
steverife

Post by steverife »

I bet we would have had over 100 if it was dry! :shock:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I wouldn't say "fun" would be the word to describe what I had yesterday... Once my feet got soaked, I was ready to go home. However, I believe all of the sliding around and tire peeling probably scrubbed the tires pretty good to get them ready for March 6.

What I learned...

1)I'm probably screwed in the rain from now on b/c of the uber stiff suspension.

2)Keep the damn street tires on in the rain (that way I don't have to get soaked changing them)!

3)If rain is in the forecast, borrow Gebbia's Subaru, bc/ he won't show up anyway.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

thrdeye wrote: 1)I'm probably screwed in the rain from now on b/c of the uber stiff suspension.

2)Keep the damn street tires on in the rain (that way I don't have to get soaked changing them)!
1) My suspension is pretty darn stiff.....? :twisted:

2) I was on Azenis. Were you on R's?
:?:
Focus on FASTER!!!!
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

I'd like to thank all of those who put the event together as well.
I had a GREAT time, DESPITE the miserable conditions.
Let's hope this is this year's obligatory Oak Ridge Water Park event.
(We seem to have one good wet one there per season it seems)
On the other hand, I won't mind if it rains at Every event.
:wink:
8)
Focus on FASTER!!!!