FS: 1993 Toyota MR2

Items Wanted, Forsale, or For Trade
thrdeye

Re: FS: 1993 Toyota MR2

Post by thrdeye »

bluemr2 wrote:Just wanting to really talk to you about car setup. Like what type of tires wheels are you running. Brake and suspension set up.
225 hoosiers on stock size wheels. Millenia wheels in the front I think, SSR in the back.

Stock brakes

Koni double adjustable shocks
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

thrdeye wrote:
bluemr2 wrote:Just wanting to really talk to you about car setup. Like what type of tires wheels are you running. Brake and suspension set up.
225 hoosiers on stock size wheels. Millenia wheels in the front I think, SSR in the back.

Stock brakes

Koni double adjustable shocks
I think he runs singles on the back.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

Yes those would be correct about my set-up. What kind of questions do you have?

RC
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

Sorry not trying to butcher your fs thread. Just looking at getting the car ready to race. Replacing all rotors fr pads will be oem rears will be ebc green. Running most neg. factory spec. camber. Some half way decent wheels and some kuhmo v7 series tires. Kyb non adj struts\shocks. Let me know if you have any suggestions or know of something i missed or possibly a good place to buy these things. This car will be for es.
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

bluemr2 wrote:Sorry not trying to butcher your fs thread. Just looking at getting the car ready to race. Replacing all rotors fr pads will be oem rears will be ebc green. Running most neg. factory spec. camber. Some half way decent wheels and some kuhmo v7 series tires. Kyb non adj struts\shocks. Let me know if you have any suggestions or know of something i missed or possibly a good place to buy these things. This car will be for es.
Well, we could always bother a mod to split the thread if that's possible.

I'd shy away from running a more aggressive pad in the rear than in the front, but I know nothing about EBC pads... The KYB GR2s (the non-adjustable strut they make) frankly suck. I mean they'll do something, but after switching from those to Koni Yellows I wouldn't touch them again. Get a set of THESE for more camber (and still stock-class legal). and a big front swaybar of some type is preferable. If your wheels are not OEM make sure they're the same size/offset (within 5mm offset or something like that). 'Hope that helps.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

So, upgrading the front sway bar is legal for stock? I like the koni stuff just a little to high dollar would like something better than factory but at a somewhat reasonable price. Unless you know of somewhere I could get a pretty decent price on koni stuff.
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

bluemr2 wrote:So, upgrading the front sway bar is legal for stock? I like the koni stuff just a little to high dollar would like something better than factory but at a somewhat reasonable price. Unless you know of somewhere I could get a pretty decent price on koni stuff.
You can get Konis for ~$600 from NOPI no place else is going to touch their prices.

If you don't want to swing for those, you can also get Tokicos (next best adjustable) or KYB's AGX adjustable (Still ok for getting started and still way better than GR2) for a bit less from the same place.

Yes, in stock class you can change out the front bar only. Make sure you get the reinforcing plates for the mounting points if the bar your order doesn't come with them...
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

Any idea of what model # the tokicos would be? I dont want to get the wrong thing then end up is some kind of modified class. Yeah I knew about the reinforcing plates but thanks for the heads up.
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

bluemr2 wrote:Any idea of what model # the tokicos would be? I dont want to get the wrong thing then end up is some kind of modified class. Yeah I knew about the reinforcing plates but thanks for the heads up.
NOPI sells them on an application-specific basis (part numbers are on the page):

http://www.nopi.com/dsp_parts.php?vsubp ... or%20Shock

The Illuminas on that page are stock-class legal single-adjustable strut inserts. (you can use anything up to a double-adjustable unit in stock class).
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

I would get a ST bar for the front and yes I have a extra one! I would be glad to help you out and sell it for $100.00 and that's a great price. This is one of the newer ones that is green in color.

RC
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

That sounds good on the st swaybar does it also come with the hardware ie. retaining brackets\bushings or endlinks? Could you meet me somewhere or ship it?
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

I do have bushings but no other hardware, but I use the stock endlinks. Let me know if you want it or not.

RC
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

For the Koni's, you should try here: http://www.stranoparts.com/viewfeature.php?FeatureID=3 Sam is a MR2 guy. He just doesn't list them on his website.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TedV

Post by TedV »

Tokico adjust both bump and rebound when hou twist the knnob. You don't want that for bst performance. Koni ssingle or double adjust are the best bang for the buck. Actualy, having drriven roberts mr2, it and tne figuring out how to drve it is a veery good bang for buck.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

MARKP wrote:For the Koni's, you should try here: http://www.stranoparts.com/viewfeature.php?FeatureID=3 Sam is a MR2 guy. He just doesn't list them on his website.
I bought mine from Sam. Good transaction.

Ted, I thought that all of the "single adjustable" shocks (koni, etc.) adjusted compression and rebound together.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX