Fun even in the rain and cold

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
flier129

Re: Fun even in the rain and cold

Post by flier129 »

Good to hear that the event still happened, even in the rain.

I managed to stay dry at the TR event. Eric's car is really fast! I think were going to be able to make some ETR events in it next season. Disney and Bradley watch out! :fight:

Also my first time in top 10 RAW time lol.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

That looks painful Dave.
2013 WRX
TedV

Post by TedV »

my Firstgear motorcycle rain suit is DA BOMB DIGGITY!!!! now just have to find wet weather boots that are comfortable to autocross in. oh, and remember to ask Kristo to co-drive his car in the cold/wet. Thanks Kristo :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

flier129 wrote:Good to hear that the event still happened, even in the rain.

I managed to stay dry at the TR event. Eric's car is really fast! I think were going to be able to make some ETR events in it next season. Disney and Bradley watch out! :fight:

Congrats! You guys going to make it to the event next Saturday?
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
flier129

Post by flier129 »

EliseAutoXr wrote:
flier129 wrote:Good to hear that the event still happened, even in the rain.

Congrats! You guys going to make it to the event next Saturday?
Naw, he's heading down to New Orleans for the lemons race. I think he started to pull his motor last night too :lol: .

I'll be there, co-driving a friends car or maybe yours so I can get use to the SSM pace some more :twisted:

The Adesa event should be fun no matter what your driving though lol.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

Photos are posted! Hope you guys enjoy!
I'm pretty sure this sums up the day!
:P

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
JOHN226

Post by JOHN226 »

Good job for a rain event guys! This FWD civic is a whole other beast for Auto-X. I'm so used to RWD cars and how they move. It's going to take a few events until I'm driving it properly. The car is plenty fast and with the short JDM tranny, just has awesome delivery and spacing for cone dodging.

Thanks to Ted and Pilson for the advice throughout the weekend. I'm ditching the stiff Ground Control coilovers. I bought a set of Skunk2 Pro Series Adjustable coilovers today with softer spring rates, which should allow the car to settle better and actually move all the way through the stroke. Now if only I can get the damn thing painted one color so it isn't so ugly, haha.

...And you 2nd run group guys got lucky! I wanna say by the end of the day, with how dry that course was getting, my 51.xxx coulda been a 49.xxx easy...just sayin! Haha!
John Manners
SS26 C8 Corvette Z06
BS26 Shelby GT350
AS26 C6 Corvette Z51
EM26 Exomotive Exocet
FS26 BMW E46 M3 6MT
AS26 BMW E86 Z4 Roadster
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

JOHN226 wrote:Good job for a rain event guys! This FWD civic is a whole other beast for Auto-X. I'm so used to RWD cars and how they move. It's going to take a few events until I'm driving it properly. The car is plenty fast and with the short JDM tranny, just has awesome delivery and spacing for cone dodging.

Thanks to Ted and Pilson for the advice throughout the weekend. I'm ditching the stiff Ground Control coilovers. I bought a set of Skunk2 Pro Series Adjustable coilovers today with softer spring rates, which should allow the car to settle better and actually move all the way through the stroke. Now if only I can get the damn thing painted one color so it isn't so ugly, haha.

...And you 2nd run group guys got lucky! I wanna say by the end of the day, with how dry that course was getting, my 51.xxx coulda been a 49.xxx easy...just sayin! Haha!
I was impressed with how well that thing was getting around the course. I think I chuckled a little evertime i heard the cam switch...it's pretty obvious :D
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
JOHN226

Post by JOHN226 »

Wheelman_13 wrote:I was impressed with how well that thing was getting around the course. I think I chuckled a little evertime i heard the cam switch...it's pretty obvious :D
Vtec yo. (As William says...haha)
John Manners
SS26 C8 Corvette Z06
BS26 Shelby GT350
AS26 C6 Corvette Z51
EM26 Exomotive Exocet
FS26 BMW E46 M3 6MT
AS26 BMW E86 Z4 Roadster
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

My video contribution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_80dW_eDZnY

Fun event, just enough rain to keep it interesting (read: slick, at least during the first heat). I'm glad I finally got a chance to utilize some AWD turbo powah in the rain! :rockon: (And learn how much I suck at it... :lol:)
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
93twotonegt

Post by 93twotonegt »

Holy crap. :shock: After watching that video, there's no way I could have attended and NOT be towed home. That's ridiculous.
afterburnerZ

Post by afterburnerZ »

I'm glad I didn't compete in this one and decided to wait it out. My 300 would have been sideways without having my foot on the throttle :/.
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

93twotonegt wrote:Holy crap. :shock: After watching that video, there's no way I could have attended and NOT be towed home. That's ridiculous.
:lol: You should've seen the first event back in February 08... Basically heavy rain the entire event. And it was February, so it was definitely cold! I had my 00 Maxima back then, and it looked like this that day:

2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

SilverMaxima wrote:
93twotonegt wrote:Holy crap. :shock: After watching that video, there's no way I could have attended and NOT be towed home. That's ridiculous.
:lol: You should've seen the first event back in February 08... Basically heavy rain the entire event. And it was February, so it was definitely cold! I had my 00 Maxima back then, and it looked like this that day:

I remember that event... that was when I still had my 04 Cobra then. My first run was my fastest that day as the rest of my runs was spent going in circles and plowing cones through the rain. Ironic that was the last event I did in the Cobra and sold it for the blue Z06 :lol:
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
SilverMaxima

Post by SilverMaxima »

^ :lol: Ironic, indeed! :D
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random