? about ES rules

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
bluemr2

? about ES rules

Post by bluemr2 »

The condensor is bent in our mr2. Does it have to be installed to stay within the rules for this class or would we be put into another class? Also, if anyone knows where I could pick up a front bumper cover and lip spoiler that would be great. 93 mr2 i believe any 91-95 fr. cover will work.
Thanks for the help
GaryM

Re: ? about ES rules

Post by GaryM »

AC Condenser I'm guessing?

This is my understanding on the rules:
If AC was a factory or dealer option, than yes, you can remove it. If the was a part of an option package (ie. LE SE SS etc) than all optional equipment for that package would need to be removed or added for the car to match whichever model didn't have AC.
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

Yes it came with a\c from the factory only thing im wanting to do is leave the a\c condensor off b\c it is severly bent. I had to weld in a new radiator support. I just didnt want to get bumped in a diff. class just for leaving it off.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

If AC was an option, you can totally remove it. But, you can't leave some pieces on and some pieces off and be legal per the rules.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

Ok thanks i gues i'll just bend it back into shape n stick it in. Is anything up for the 11 season yet? Hopefully you all will be able to have an event in ne tn.
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

I looked on edmunds it show on the base model that a\c is not a standard feature. Its optional so I assume that it would have to been ordered with a\c or dealer installed. Is this enough to go off of to remove it and it be legit or do I need to look somewhere else?
AcuraAttack

Post by AcuraAttack »

if i'm not mistaken in order to remove the A/C it would have had to been optional but if you do remove the A/C everything else on the car must be from that same package. In other words you can't pick a choose what you want and what you don't want from each option package.
99 Mazda Miata 10AE, 26 STR NeVr 4gEt <3
06 Saab 92x Aero, Daily Driver/Duh new Hawt
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936.
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

The bumper covers are not the same for 91 and 92 but 93+ is not the same. You have to run the cover that works for your car to run ES. You can remove any part as a whole or part. I would talk to Mark Irwin he has a lot of Mr2 parts.

RC
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

Thanks for the info. So, if i understand you correctly then it would be ok to leave the condensor off? Also, how could i get in touch with Mark?
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

If it is an option for that car. Then yes you can take off the condensor...but you will need to remove every part for the A/C.
2013 WRX
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Vent work,switching,wiring,evap core,dryer,exp vlv,ect.rebend the cond and stick it back on,hoses and clamps included.Youd be better of getting a different car than taking the A/C system out if you want to run stock.
Bob Colbert
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

When I got my car the A/C came in a box. It was a bunch of parts but it didn't look too bad to take off. I am much better at taking things apart than I am putting it back together.
2013 WRX
bluemr2

Post by bluemr2 »

Yes a\c systems are not very difficult to remove especially with a recip. saw. J\K I will prob. just bend it back but I still need to find a front bumper cover. I still need some type of contact info for Mark Irwin if anyone can help out there it would be great.
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

You don't have to remove the whole AC system. The rule book says you can remove whole or part of the AC system. Mark's number is 660-1010 I think. Shawn's just worried so he wants you to remove everything. :lol:

RC
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

Now don't go confussing the poor guy........ :lol2:
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)