cart track in bristol

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thewelder

cart track in bristol

Post by thewelder »

I went by the track this weekend to see if it is usable. There wasn't a lock on the gate so I walked the track. Bad news is there is more grass than pavement right now. It would take a good day just to clean the track. Second bad news is there is only a walk through gate and my car wouldn't fit through it. The track is big enough for a full size car to go around but since it is lined with curbs I wouldn't push it to hard. I call Sullivan county and the owner are still the owners.(not foreclosed or anything) I will mail them a letter tonight.

Saturday I got my car out and made a few more parts for it then done some burn outs in the driveway. I am getting more comfortable in the car. Sunday I loaded it up with my cones and went to my test site. Set up some cones and fired it up. I noticed it backfiring a little which it usually doesn't do. I got in it and took a lap and it didn't run right. Parked it got out and felt each of the header tube. one was cold. I didn't bring any tools or plugs so my day was done. Went home swapped the plug and it run like a top. Still got some more tuning to do so I think I will take it to a dyno soon. Chad
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
Scuffcakes

Re: cart track in bristol

Post by Scuffcakes »

Glad to hear you're making progress. Here's hoping that we'll get to see it perform before the end of 2011.
David Guffey
97 Miata - STS #40
99 Miata - Nicest beater I've ever had
88 4Runner - Trusty, rusty trail-sled
thewelder

Re: cart track in bristol

Post by thewelder »

Just waiting for the season to start. Chad
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.