What if it snows on Saturday

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

scottgib wrote:I showed up for work at a plant a number of years ago and found an I-beam webb punctured about 6" above floor level. Turns out some guys on third shift had been racing their fork trucks and one got loose and went into the I-beam. Didn't take much detective work to find the fork truck and driver. Those things are heavy and can do a lot of damage. :twisted: :twisted:

I once worked in a shop where fork trucks of all sizes were constantly in use. I saw a guy back up to a roll up door and stretch to reach the open button instead of getting off his truck. His foot slipped and instantly he had made his own doorway. There was a fire extinguisher on the wall below the door buttons. It and the truck survived with just scratches but that block wall was history. Cast iron counterweight VS concrete block wall, no contest. Have you ever seen a truck going along with its back wheels in the air because the load is too heavy?

Dewey
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

So on a related note. If it snows a couple of inches we are still going to do this correct?
Jeff Miller
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

:lol2:
I guess Robert's computer is still down. I guess it's still on, but... :?
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

It is on. :lol: A few runs and the snow will melt!

Considering that the temperature will not go to freezing, there is not much possibility of snow actually accumulating on black pavement.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I just talked to Robert and he said the deal is going on no matter what.

Does anybody honestly think it is going to snow enough for it to not be gone by mid morning? :roll: I'll be surprised if there is any snow on anything more than the grass.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I looked at the weather and it is sposed to warm up to about 50 deg. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

In who's room are we gonna set up the GT4, BTW?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
tnturbo

Post by tnturbo »

You guys obviously have no experience with my luck and the weather. You've told me what I need to know...snow, rain, hail, whatever the school goes on. I just wasn't looking forward to towing from Knoxville to have it cancelled.

What time are you guys leaving Knoxville?

Where is everybody staying at? I'll be at the Jameson. Did I understand correctly that the Jameson has a bar in the hotel?
Jeff Miller
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

There's a restaraunt in front of the Jameson and it has a bar.

:idea: Be prepared for a little snow. The weather is different here than it is in "the valley." Our proximity to the mountains makes the Greeneville weather almost impossible to predict. Like Mark said, Bring it! You can always take it off.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

tnturbo wrote: What time are you guys leaving Knoxville?
I have to be there by 8 to help set up. I'll be leaving west Knox at 6am. If anyone wants to meet me, let me know. I won't be driving slow.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Budman

Post by Budman »

I'll be bringing my PS2 and GT4 as well. My challenge is still out there if anyone wants to bring their GT3 and go head to head via I-link. I have a hub that allows up to 6 competitors to go at it head to head as long as each person has their own TV.
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX
MarshallMX5

Post by MarshallMX5 »

Weather looks awful:
http://www.weather.com/activities/drivi ... rom=search

:? what if i can't get there? do i lose $65 or can it go toward future events?
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

10:00pm
current temp in Greeneville is 31 degrees w/ flurries. Roads are heavily treated and the only snow laying is in the grass.

More at mid night.

11:30pm
Temp is 32 degrees w/flurries