RTTH Autocross Pictures

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
01badz28

RTTH Autocross Pictures

Post by 01badz28 »

Just in case anyone is curious, this was the other event going on today:

http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab92 ... Hills%207/

FYI, I think we need to reconsider running at Smokies. They had around 90 cars, a 50 second course, and everyone got 12 runs, plus a top ten shootout.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
thrdeye

Re: RTTH Autocross Pictures

Post by thrdeye »

Did you get video? I cant put together in my head how you would get a "good" 50 sec course out of smokies unless they have fixed the pavement
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
integra55

Post by integra55 »

yeah, the last time I was there ( might have been the last time ETR ran there... the pavement was not acceptable in any way
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

I didn't run, but Terry had a go-pro on his car - hopefully he will post up some video when he gets a chance.

They had grid / paddock / parking on the old / shitty pavement and roped off the entire top half of the lot to use as a course. A couple of places may be iffy, but no more so than running through the islands at PSTCC.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Unless they changed the course from what I saw there on Friday, there is no way we could run that course.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

MARKP wrote:Unless they changed the course from what I saw there on Friday, there is no way we could run that course.
Ahhhh, yes. There's the ol' Johnny Majors "Lets keep runnin' up the middle!!!" ETR attitude!

50 second course, 3-4 cars on course, 12 total runs, 4 run groups and done before 5pm with 80+ cars, workers out on course for what seemed like no time. Totally sucked. Just some ol' stupid hillbillies with a wireless timing system tryin' to keep up with you "pro's" once a year. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P94gF2xM ... r_embedded

I mean, it's not like we had to change up the whole course after the first run group or anything unprofessional like that. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

Is the pavement bad or some other reason it can't be used?
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
thewelder

Post by thewelder »

We couldn't run that coarse because of our 25 feet rule. I also think if those guys tried as hard as us "pros" do they would have been a lot of totaled cars. Chad
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

There Is probably no way to make the 'chute' up to safety specs, but We need to consider some alternatives. Our attendamce Is down In part due to thefact that folks are tired of the SSDD at pstc. look at the numbers from Adesa.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

3 up the middle and PUNT, I say!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

thewelder wrote:I also think if those guys tried as hard as us "pros" do they would have been a lot of totaled cars. Chad
And you would be wrong. I can assure you at least a 1/4 of that field knows how to drive equal or better than the regular big hitters here. Three of them were able to beat an SCCA champ's time in their street tired cars vs. his Hoosier equipped ride.

Jus sayin'....Just because people don't slap an SCCA class on their car, doesn't mean their just a rear tire smoker.
Mike Burke

Post by Mike Burke »

Hello,

Merely curious:

a) What does "RTTH" stand for?

b) Where/What is "Smokies"?

Thanks,

Mike Burke
Asheville
828 258-2442
thewelder

Post by thewelder »

I am just now getting back into autocrossing with this region. Five to ten years ago are number were about the same as they are now. Some new faces some of the older ones are gone. The numbers for Adesa can't be count because some people came out to support the cause. We have started getting some people from chattanooga. Our numbers seem good for our area. I have no dog in this race I would have liked to run that event but didn't find out about it in time. Tony I don't know why you don't run with us anymore I always liked watching you run. You are a good driver and remember you running at Kingsport speedway years ago. Your car was never an SCCA car it was a fun car. You always complained about the rules and the class it put you in. If you wanted to compete all you had to do is change some stuff on your car or do what I did and just get a new car to run. You have to make up your own mind but shouldn't make fun(or try to anyways) of someone for playing by the rules and having fun anyways. Chad
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Mike Burke wrote:Hello,
Merely curious:
a) What does "RTTH" stand for?
b) Where/What is "Smokies"?
Thanks,
Mike Burke
Asheville