RTTH Autocross Pictures

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
TonyBolton

Re: RTTH Autocross Pictures

Post by TonyBolton »

thewelder wrote:If you wanted to compete all you had to do is change some stuff on your car or do what I did and just get a new car to run. You have to make up your own mind but shouldn't make fun(or try to anyways) of someone for playing by the rules and having fun anyways. Chad
I don't want to change anything on my car, I don't want something that doesn't pay me to decide what I should and shouldn't do to have fun. If you're not fitting in with a certain group, you just go elsewhere. So I did. You guys are set in your ways, and that's fine. Your sandbox, your rules.

I'm not necessarily making fun, just wanting point out that just because something isn't associated with the SCCA doesn't mean it's crap or should be considered a throw away option.

So, enjoy the pix and maybe your "committee" could pursue the location as a viable option. Might especially be good seeing that TRSCCA could be losing their site and their members will be looking for someplace to run. Jus' sayin'....
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Dentspeed wrote::roll: Oh, boy, here we go again.
It will only be complete once the dogpile of 5 or 6 others jump up on the soapbox. Having different opinions sucks. Should be outlawed.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Dentspeed wrote::roll: Oh, boy, here we go again.
Exactly. Don't feed the monkey. :roll:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

MARKP wrote:Exactly. Don't feed the monkey. :roll:
Somebody will...
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

I have a great idea Tony. If you don't want to race with SCCA and don't agree with the ruleset, then don't comment. Now if you DO want to race in SCCA, then use your energy to write letters to the SEB and make suggestions, and in the meantime, follow along with what is intended.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Tony....I just can't see how we can make it work under SCCA safety and insurance guidelines, and that is EXACTLY what Mark was saying, not bashing the course, the cars, or the people.

But it seems like you took the chance to start another post that does nothing but cause drama. I'm locking the thread. Sorry Ryan.

I ran there a few years ago in my WRX with RTTH the cars were bad ass and the drivers were pretty good, but it was all first gear (the fast way) and very close to the curbs. I (and other ETR members) would still love to see video to see if we could make something work because Smokies is some of the best racing we've had around here.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3