Autocross Event added -- Sunday, October 9, 2011

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
mrmrsjackson

Re: Autocross Event added -- Sunday, October 9, 2011

Post by mrmrsjackson »

:rockon: Thanks Dave. Helmet will be good. No Mods to the car. How would that class me? Please forgive all of my questions, I have not auto crossed anything other than a Mini and an STi! Thanks in advance.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

This event is more of a test and tune than anything so it will likely be a lot more relaxed than normal. Don't worry too much about the class. Let the tech inspectors look it over and suggest what class might be good for you. Just take some time and go over the car before the event. Check wheel bearings, brakes, battery tie down, etc. and make sure it is safe to drive. We have loaner helmets available if you don't have one that passes tech.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

This is going to be a fun event,rules will be followed and car can be classed at tech and reg. Multi runs and set up tips to be had, also diff vetrans to ride /run your car.Noobs will also have a more relaxed time to get to know what a course is and how to correctly walk and drive it. Since this is not going to be a points event. Poss chance to drive a higher classed car or ride in it than yours, a very good comparison of the we and them.
Bob Colbert
Knox MSP

Post by Knox MSP »

I'll be there as early as possbile to help with set-up (hopefully around 7). Just gotta have time to change tires, and walk.
Joe Delligatti
2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege
#46 SM
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

I am looking to have a good time teaching a new student how to drive the "Silver Bullet". Its always fun to teach someone that's never autocrossed before in a ASP Vette. :shock: :lol:

RC
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

rocracing2004 wrote:I am looking to have a good time teaching a new student how to drive the "Silver Bullet". Its always fun to teach someone that's never autocrossed before in a ASP Vette. :shock: :lol:

RC
Let me start the line for that right here (when you get around to teaching old dogs new tricks)) :lol2:

Mike
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

Mike,

I would love to help you if we get time. I would love to see our club have a autocross school like we did in the past, but if not you should sign up and do a evo school. Its the best bang for the buck that's for sure.

RC
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Well... it appears that I DO NOT have a car again this weekend.. :twisted:

I will however come over and help set up and hang around long enuff to see Rob show us how to use a Silver Bullett...(summin bout that dont seem right) .. but hey.. I aint judgiN nuttin... :lol:

Anyway..if I can help someone Ill be there for an undetermined amount of time..and helping Bob do his first Event. :rockon:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

Doesn't look like any of my benchmarks will be there. :(
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

rocracing2004 wrote:Mike,

I would love to help you if we get time. I would love to see our club have a autocross school like we did in the past, but if not you should sign up and do a evo school. Its the best bang for the buck that's for sure.

RC
x2 to all that.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I'll be there and this should be a fun day 8)
John Brown wrote:Well... it appears that I DO NOT have a car again this weekend.. :twisted:

I will however come over and help set up and hang around long enuff to see Rob show us how to use a Silver Bullett...(summin bout that dont seem right) .. but hey.. I aint judgiN nuttin... :lol:

Anyway..if I can help someone Ill be there for an undetermined amount of time..and helping Bob do his first Event. :rockon:
Bob Colbert
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

John Brown wrote:Well... it appears that I DO NOT have a car again this weekend.. :twisted:

As long as you can give me some pointers you are more than welcome to drive mine :mrgreen:
Although it's possible that work won't let me off Sunday, I plan on being there.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
steverife

Post by steverife »

We've got 25 signed up and I'm not sure how many of those are maybe's....

We going to have the personnel for this?

Sounds like we have people willing to step in as SS and sounds like we got people to set up course...

Are were going to have people that can do equipment setup, registration, and T&S?

I can help out with tech/grid/general stuff.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

I tried to switch at work but no one can/wants to work on a Sunday... dangit... :(

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Right now it appears that I will not be there Sunday except to deliver equipment, computer, and pouch in the morning.
Last edited by scottgib on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson