The Official 2011-12 Off Season Plans thread!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
MARKP

Re: The Official 2011-12 Off Season Plans thread!

Post by MARKP »

Nope, dont have an ad on the car right now. I guess i should put one up. I just didnt figure Terry would be interested in it. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Guilty1s

Post by Guilty1s »

-some fat 17 (Thinking fn01rc) and decide what tire i am going to run next year... starspecs (STM) or v710s (BSP)
and if i do bsp, i dont want to be bored so i might jump in pro for some competition.... err.. we need tire class...

-Get rid of this open Diff with a Quiafe

-HP+ pads

-Install bushings
Eric Ahlgren
67 STM
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Need an explanation of why this GP thing seems to be why some one needs one? What is a GP class? Like G stock but pro or something else? Still not off the chain on the car or some horded parts but MP said it would be good local or regional for a win but not at nat level.Maybe a 2 or 3 slot or lower.Fun is fun but it does involve money if ya wana go for the big W.Help a brotha out!
steverife wrote:
MARKP wrote:My off season plans consist mostly of unbuilding the CRX and putting it back into stock form for sale, then selling all the hotrod stuff, unless someone is interested in buying it as is. I kind of hate to get rid of it but the cars are going to start multiplying if I don't thin the herd.
Someone please go GP with this...
Bob Colbert
onebadbugeye

Post by onebadbugeye »

Well I have quite a bit in store for the WRX. Depending on on shipping times some of it may be on the car for the Nov 6th event but not looking good so far.

So here it goes;

New VF39 turbo
Deatschwerks 750cc Injectors
Deatschwerks 300 lph fuel pump
New Throttle body
Larger Intercooler
E85
Pro tune
Hoping for 330WHP and 380ish TQ :eating:

Bigger front sway bar
New control arm bushings
new trailing arm bushings
new tie rod ends
new ball joints
New cryo rotors
Hawk HP+ pads
Rebuild all my coilovers
Replace pitchstop mount

Alot of this stuff should be here late this week just not sure if I want to chance having something go wrong trying to get it all done Friday night. But the most important thing is I need to get into an EVO school this spring to have someone help me learn how to drive!!!!!!
Chris "Scooter" Anderson
03 stock and slo WRX
steverife

Post by steverife »

oldmuscle69 wrote:Need an explanation of why this GP thing seems to be why some one needs one? What is a GP class? Like G stock but pro or something else? Still not off the chain on the car or some horded parts but MP said it would be good local or regional for a win but not at nat level.Maybe a 2 or 3 slot or lower.Fun is fun but it does involve money if ya wana go for the big W.Help a brotha out!
steverife wrote:
MARKP wrote:My off season plans consist mostly of unbuilding the CRX and putting it back into stock form for sale, then selling all the hotrod stuff, unless someone is interested in buying it as is. I kind of hate to get rid of it but the cars are going to start multiplying if I don't thin the herd.
Someone please go GP with this...
G Prepared. Same class as Rich Miller's car. The right driver/builder could win a championship in Mark's car, probably for relatively cheap, but truck and trailer would be required. If I were starting from scratch today, I'd buy/build it.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

MARKP wrote:Nope, dont have an ad on the car right now. I guess i should put one up. I just didnt figure Terry would be interested in it. :lol:
I was thinking of keeping it in the trunk instead of a spare tire...
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

TennTechMan wrote:Finally got my Kosei K1's for the Focus. I need to strip the lime green paint off of them, and paint them (color yet to be determined). Then I need to decide whether or not to keep them.
Did you get the green ones that were for sale on Focaljet? Lime green wheels would definitely be painful to look at on a red Focus.

Dewey
Dewey Foulk
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

LeadSSled wrote:
MARKP wrote:Nope, dont have an ad on the car right now. I guess i should put one up. I just didnt figure Terry would be interested in it. :lol:
I was thinking of keeping it in the trunk instead of a spare tire...
Spare tire would be a little cheaper but you wouldn't have to get your hands dirty. :wink:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

onebadbugeye wrote:Rebuild all my coilovers

Didn't you just buy those coil-overs this season? Are you changing the valving/spring rate setup? Why a bigger front bar?
2010 Subaru STI
onebadbugeye

Post by onebadbugeye »

Part of my sponsorship with ISC is they send me fresh dampers each season. I have been running the street sport valving dampers I may have them send me some track series dampers to try. I want a bigger front bar to try and see if it helps the understeer some
Chris "Scooter" Anderson
03 stock and slo WRX
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

onebadbugeye wrote:Part of my sponsorship with ISC is they send me fresh dampers each season. I have been running the street sport valving dampers I may have them send me some track series dampers to try. I want a bigger front bar to try and see if it helps the understeer some
Not knowing your setup, I would think a larger front bar would definitely help it understeer.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
onebadbugeye

Post by onebadbugeye »

MARKP wrote:
onebadbugeye wrote:Part of my sponsorship with ISC is they send me fresh dampers each season. I have been running the street sport valving dampers I may have them send me some track series dampers to try. I want a bigger front bar to try and see if it helps the understeer some
Not knowing your setup, I would think a larger front bar would definitely help it understeer.
I don't want more understeer I want less lol
Chris "Scooter" Anderson
03 stock and slo WRX
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

onebadbugeye wrote:
MARKP wrote:
I don't want more understeer I want less lol

What size bars are you running front and rear now? My car rotates on demand with 25F/22R bars. Both set on full stiff. I'm running 320lb front and rear springs. Like Mark said, going to a bigger front bar is only going to make your car push more unless you adjust your rear to compensate.
2010 Subaru STI
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

dfoulk wrote:Did you get the green ones that were for sale on Focaljet? Lime green wheels would definitely be painful to look at on a red Focus.

Dewey

Those are the ones.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
TedV

Post by TedV »

Aaron, leave em green until after Christmas. :mrgreen:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's