Question for the rule book people..

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
onebadbugeye

Re: Question for the rule book people..

Post by onebadbugeye »

Well it appears that with this news my chances of winning the jacket next year have diminished! I suppose I will be :fight: for second over Marcus,Eric, and Dan! Austin just has a way of making that EVO haul A$$!
Chris "Scooter" Anderson
03 stock and slo WRX
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

onebadbugeye wrote:Well it appears that with this news my chances of winning the jacket next year have diminished! I suppose I will be :fight: for second over Marcus,Eric, and Dan! Austin just has a way of making that EVO haul A$$!

Lol, maybe I should see how much boost the MR2 will put up with, find some star specs for it next season and join the party.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
Knox MSP

Post by Knox MSP »

Wheelman_13 wrote: Lol, maybe I should see how much boost the MR2 will put up with, find some star specs for it next season and join the party.
Looking at the year end results from this season, it seems the only classes with enough competitors to consider it WINNING would be STM, or Pro. I've been thinking of getting some wide-ass 140 tires on the MSP, and taking a bunch of weight out to come play in STM too (I do love my Rs though). Could get a lot more interesting next season.
Joe Delligatti
2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege
#46 SM
Austin Lanz

Post by Austin Lanz »

Chris- Thanks! and it's an Evo! I don't have to try too hard! just kidding. I hope there are as many competitors as there were this year. BSP was pretty much me and Coatney.

Richard- Do it. Theoretically, You only need the car to last...(6 runs x 50 seconds x 8 events)....40 minutes! Bring on zee BOOST.

I will be running 255 Hankook's.
Austin Lanz
STM 12 Evo 8
onebadbugeye

Post by onebadbugeye »

Austin- rest assured that you will have a number of subies gunning for you next year since the Evo is the evil rival of the subie! Next year could be interesting!

My newest purchase to help me stop!
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/35557 ... ystem.html
Chris "Scooter" Anderson
03 stock and slo WRX
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Gonna go ahead and call this one. Unless Chad puts streets on the AM car, Austin will win STM, unless one of the scoobs REALLY steps up their game.

No offense to the scoobies, but EVOs just GO.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
onebadbugeye

Post by onebadbugeye »

If you want me to be honest since this news broke I have thought about buying some R-compounds and running SM.
Chris "Scooter" Anderson
03 stock and slo WRX
Austin Lanz

Post by Austin Lanz »

Those brakes look good! I don't know how my car will do with the street's or suspension changes next year. Ideally, I would like to get top 5-10 raw time consistently. That would be perfect to me. I need to find something to do about my brakes. They just get hot so fast, and take SOOOO long to cool back down. For instance, when I had to do a re-run last weekend, the first time I hit the brakes on my re-run the pedal went all the way to the floor and I hit 3 cones.
Austin Lanz
STM 12 Evo 8
onebadbugeye

Post by onebadbugeye »

Austin Lanz wrote:Those brakes look good! I don't know how my car will do with the street's or suspension changes next year. Ideally, I would like to get top 5-10 raw time consistently. That would be perfect to me. I need to find something to do about my brakes. They just get hot so fast, and take SOOOO long to cool back down. For instance, when I had to do a re-run last weekend, the first time I hit the brakes on my re-run the pedal went all the way to the floor and I hit 3 cones.
I had the same problem with my brakes and my problem was I like to drive deep into the corners and then brake hard and I was not able to do it because my brakes sucked! So I hope this will help that!
Chris "Scooter" Anderson
03 stock and slo WRX
Austin Lanz

Post by Austin Lanz »

Yeah I'm wondering if maybe I should put Slotted rotors on the front. atleast, or maybe it would be cheaper to buy an electric leaf blower to hold beside the wheels after each run. haha
Austin Lanz
STM 12 Evo 8
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

onebadbugeye wrote:Austin- rest assured that you will have a number of subies gunning for you next year since the Evo is the evil rival of the subie! Next year could be interesting!

My newest purchase to help me stop!
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/35557 ... ystem.html
Why would you buy an off brand brake setup? Are the pistons sized correctly for your master cylinder? Are you going to be able to find replacement rotor rings? What pad shape/size do they take? Does anyone make race pads for them?

Seems like a cheap solution would be to pick up a set of WRX 4/2 pots and load in a set of HP+'s.

You can find good deals on used StopTech's and Wilwood's all day long. Both have TONS of pads made for them and have all the after sale support you would need.

Brembo, StopTech, Alcon, AP, PFC, and Wilwood............... If it doesn't have one of those names on the box, it isn't worth your time :wink:
Last edited by Z06Fix on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Subaru STI
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

Austin Lanz wrote:Yeah I'm wondering if maybe I should put Slotted rotors on the front. atleast, or maybe it would be cheaper to buy an electric leaf blower to hold beside the wheels after each run. haha
What pads and fluid are you running?
2010 Subaru STI
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Austin Lanz wrote:Yeah I'm wondering if maybe I should put Slotted rotors on the front. atleast, or maybe it would be cheaper to buy an electric leaf blower to hold beside the wheels after each run. haha
Austin, if your brakes are getting that hot during autocross runs........ there may be an underlying issue with over braking. :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
PushinTheLimit

Post by PushinTheLimit »

I would say if you guys are having soft pedal issues on a few autox runs... I doubt it would be your calipers unless they have spread. Most likely its a pad or fluid problem.

This year I had been running Carbotech XP12's and XP10's and my braking was absolute junk. Soft pedal after about 3-4 laps and never would get any better... only worse. I even changed calipers and still did the same thing (went from stock C5Z front calipers to Wilwood SL6's). Then I finally decided to try Hawk DTC-70's and Ferodo DOT4 fluid and my brakes were awesome. I got 5 full 30-40 min races out of the pads without even having to bleed them at all in between races! Even when the pads didn't have much left, they were still stopping great... I couldn't tell hardly any fall off.

Me personally... I would consider a BBK for autox overkill. But with bigger pads, they will last you longer.
Last edited by PushinTheLimit on Mon May 14, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

The Brembo stuff is nice and seems well made, just haven't had a chance to use them yet though:

Only problem was my stock calipers haven't been spread. Hopefully the hydraulic issue my car suffered from at Nashville was down to bad fluid, and a complete flush will cure it. Otherwise, time to look into a new master cylinder.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3