SENNA MOVIE

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
SilverMaxima

Re: SENNA MOVIE

Post by SilverMaxima »

Saw the 10:05 Saturday night at Downtown West. Sadly, the subtitles still were MIA. It was annoying for the first 20 min or so, since there was a good bit of "introductory" talking. But overall a good watch.
2007 STI Limited #576, The Gentleman's STI, er Mistress, FOR SALE
2004 350Zed Base
Marcus W., STU #-Random
budjrfan

Post by budjrfan »

called the theater... the tech guys are on it (for what that's worth)

more likely fixed by tomorrow. but when they do get it fixed it will be shown for an extra day or two after that.

you can call the theater (693-0505) to check. (press 0 to speak to a person)
Kelly Munsey
scottgib wrote:On a course that Brown and I both ran about 30% in first gear, with one downshift, an Impala had FTD!!!!??? Still on that course, Kelly schooled us.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

It is on Netflix now...
- Dave Disney
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

Just watched it. i have to say as a guy that got ESPN back in the day just for FI and Nascar, I cried. I was a huge Nelson Piquet fan, but remember watching him come along. He was amazing. What he did in that old Lotus was unreal. I am so glad I got to finally see it!!
'78 Volvo Yellow (Lance) He's Baaaaaack!
'84 Volvo 245 Turbo White(Lightning)
"83 Volvo 242 Turbo Black (Thunder)
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

I watched Senna on Netflix. It is a very well done documentary. It does a really good job of showing the viewer Senna's personality and ambition. I was surprised by the quantity of video of things like interviews, drivers meetings, etc. that exists. One warning: the crash scenes are visceral and very hard to watch.

Dewey
Dewey Foulk
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

I saw it back in theaters. My only gripe was how Prost was portrayed, and ignored the fact they patched up their differences by the end (my wife came out of the theater wondering why Prost was a pall bearer). Still, great movie - looking forward to the Region 1 Blu Ray.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

So, and I'll show my F1 ignorance here, when they eliminated the active suspension from the cars the year before Senna was killed, did they also eliminate traction control, ABS, and all other electronics at the same time? I assume ABS and TC were on all the cars for years before the active suspension came out?
- Dave Disney
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

dfoulk wrote:I watched Senna on Netflix. It is a very well done documentary. It does a really good job of showing the viewer Senna's personality and ambition. I was surprised by the quantity of video of things like interviews, drivers meetings, etc. that exists. One warning: the crash scenes are visceral and very hard to watch.

Dewey
I agree dewey. I will never forget Senna's reaction to CPR being given to Rattzenberger. :(
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

disneyd wrote:So, and I'll show my F1 ignorance here, when they eliminated the active suspension from the cars the year before Senna was killed, did they also eliminate traction control, ABS, and all other electronics at the same time? I assume ABS and TC were on all the cars for years before the active suspension came out?
All "driver aids" were banned. Some have been given back.
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

4Davey wrote:
disneyd wrote:All "driver aids" were banned. Some have been given back.
Mostly. Its been widely speculated that Benetton had TC and launch control in the '94 season. Its been confirmed that the ECU still had the TC program carried over from '93, but I don't think anybody has ever admitted that the program was in use during the '94 season.

Currently, ABS, TC, and Launch Control are banned.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
4Davey

Post by 4Davey »

01badz28 wrote:
4Davey wrote:
disneyd wrote:All "driver aids" were banned. Some have been given back.
Mostly. Its been widely speculated that Benetton had TC and launch control in the '94 season. Its been confirmed that the ECU still had the TC program carried over from '93, but I don't think anybody has ever admitted that the program was in use during the '94 season.

Currently, ABS, TC, and Launch Control are banned.
OK. By rule, driver aids were banned. :roll: