Car trouble!

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Go to the General Manager!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are worth a single cent ofa Quality Service Dealer....they will refund your losses.

If the GM is not enough,go to the owner.
Seen it a million times,gave it all back to the customer...and 9 times out of ten...someone from the dealer is the thief!!!!!!!
Last edited by John Brown on Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

MP5_57 wrote:Ok everyone...... I have good news and bad news!!!

Good: They are replacing my engine!!! yippee a brand new one!!!

Bad: My car got broken in to on the lot. They say they are not responsible but I think they are. WTF. Who else thinks they are responsible?

J
Sounds like it to me. I'd be pissed.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Are there any other Mazda dealers around? Don't know if I'd trust these guys with the MSP if it ever needs warranty work.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jared

Post by jared »

I had my wheels stolen off of my Miata at the Mercedes dealership having body work done and they paid for a new set. The dealership should take care of you. Is your car at Mazda of Knoxville? It wouldn't surprise me a bit that they would fight you on this. I have had another run in with them and they will never see my business.
Jared Suter
HS #54
89 Civic Si
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

They are responsible for your car while they have it. There's no difference in it being broken into or them backing another car into it. Go to the general manager... if he refuses to do anything, threaten to go to the newspaper... you can buy some advertisement space and say, "Here's how Mazda took care of my car". If you start talking about that, even a sleazy GM would rather replace your property than have all that bad press. Even if you signed something that says they're not responsible for anything... Just make a lot of noise and they'll fix it, they're in the sales business and they know lots of bad word of mouth hurts.
- Dave Disney
steverife

Post by steverife »

i used to take my car into Oak Ridge Harry Lane Chrysler Plymouth and they had a sign posted in the service saying something along the lines of them not being responsible for theft or vandalism. i had some money in my stereo system at the time, so the first time i had to leave the car i asked the service manager about the policy. i found it odd that he wrote on my ticket that i was concerned about the policy.

i've always been kinda paranoid and distrustful by nature and i suspect that some employees from these dealerships rob their customers and that was a head up to not rob me.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
whenry

Post by whenry »

Basic Tennessee bailment law is that they must return your property in the same condition that you left it in so long as they are in control of it. They can try to argue that you have waived that law but it wont go far. Tn law is on your side in this one.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
vwbud

Post by vwbud »

There were some people here in NJ that had their headlights stolen while their cars were at a Nissan Dealership. They got the same runaround, and went to the local news station. The story was put on the air, and they were taken care of. (not in the typical jersey "taken care of by bein' tossed in da rivah")
make some noise...it pays off!
Good luck.
-Buddy Ahlers
'03 Audi A4
'84 Rabbit convertible
'82 Rabbit L
'73 Std. Beetle
'68 Beetle convertible
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

I'm not wanting to hijack this thread into one about Mazda Knox, but Jared... what kind of problem did you have there?

JW, $60 for an oil change, what did they do? Use a gold filter?

I've never bought a car or service there, but I've bought lots of parts and their parts dept. seems to be great.
- Dave Disney
Keith H.

Post by Keith H. »

I am plannig on getting a 2004 Mazda 3, So does Mazda of knoxville just suck or what, cause they have the one I want and the one on the motor mile dosen't know when they are getting any more in. Any suggestions
88 CRXsi
04 Mazda3
jared

Post by jared »

I ran into a lawsuit situation with that dealership. It is a long story, but I was told things by the owner and then he changed his story in court. I wouldn't not trust them a damn bit or would I give them one cent of my business again. I have also had problems with the Mazda Service Dept down here in Huntsville. So Mazda Dealers are turning me off real quick.

Dave, Ask me the next time we talk and I'll fill you in.
Jared Suter
HS #54
89 Civic Si
MP5_57

Post by MP5_57 »

Called Lawyer and they said I would be responsible for the situation. But the people there are being very unprofessional about it. But oh well that is just my luck.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Doesn't one of the local news stations do a thing where they go after the company in situations like this and put them on TV? Might be cheaper than getting a lawyer involved. I thought it was channel 6.

You might also try the Better Business Bureau and the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce to see if they have any other ideas.

Good Luck!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.