Atlanta A-X tomorrow... !

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
John Brown

Re: Atlanta A-X tomorrow... !

Post by John Brown »

my observation... since I followed you out. you let off the throttle on your way out, thru the saloms at least 2 maybe 3 times.. and you didnt attack the rough crossover from the top lot into the bottom lot as crazy as you needed to. That was a do it,or screw it section.. those two areas probably cost you a big part of your additional time.

I would have told you yesterday... but you looked busy. (and you were beating me up pretty badly anyway.. :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
sentrase

Post by sentrase »

I should have been there earlier and walked the course few more times. Like you said, it was a National Tour course. Last time I've went this fast was at Blytheville tour.
Kristo K.
'13 Scion FR-S
STX 53
steverife

Post by steverife »

sentrase wrote:There is not any single element that could account for so much time, so it has to be my abysmal driving. It just sucks that I've been doing this for a while now in this type of car and class AND to me it felt like I was going fast.
That's how I felt at Nats. I was way off pace, and it felt fast to me. :cry:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

Hey John, I do not believe that after run commentary was very politically correct........ :lol:

From the looks of it, my car would have flipped over, blown up and melted the concrete as it burns an eternal fire toward China...... :roll:

(SSF can go shove itself in a deep dark place...A bunch of E30s proved that this weekend on the Dragon and non one flipped..... :lol2: )
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

sentrase wrote:There is not any single element that could account for so much time, so it has to be my abysmal driving. It just sucks that I've been doing this for a while now in this type of car and class AND to me it felt like I was going fast.
Kristo, I would just chalk it up to a bad day. You're a good driver. I hate that feeling of giving it your all and then falling short. It's a terrible feeling of disappointment, but I learned to get past that, just have fun, and not care about results. Since then, I have had much more fun. I'll be slower than slow with the kart, but driving something that is faster than fast will be fun.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey