lcoleman

Re: Smokies Oct 4

Post by lcoleman »

^My thoughts exactly.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

MARKP wrote:All I have to say is you got beat by a very underprepped STF Focus. I think that means you didn't get out horsepowered.

Congrats on the championship.
And I'm positive you could have won in that also..
My hats off to ya ... but, you may want to double check the pax math on that information.. lol
Problem is tho .. I wasn't the car you had to best today...

I can't wrap my head around the fact you two can justify courses like that as being fair to low and high HP cars. Rob did take 5 runs to get that time.. so, that's invalid.
And in small cars the mis placed cone made lots of difference because we couldn't slow down like you did.. we had to keep what little momentum we had going.. and it put us right on top of the next cone ..
Your right Rife ..
And all I'll say is nobody in a small car had one ounce of a chance to win today... nobody.
And that's a known fact.. admission isn't necessary.

I can hardly wait for the last two events....
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Sorry, gotta disagree with your "known fact".

As far as I know, Robert has been to 3 events this year. I'm thinking he might be a little rusty.

If the misplaced cone made a big difference for you, why didn't you stop for it? You told me you thought about it but decided not to.

You seem to be forgetting, or maybe dont know, how underprepped my Focus is. It has a completely stock drivetrain, an off the shelf BAT Performance suspension, and Bridgestones on 7" wheels. Heck, I have stock seats and the stock belt... LOL. I had to cram my knees in the dash to try to stay in the seat! Are you saying this car should be as fast as your $T$ Miata?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

No, I'm saying you didn't out pax me in it. :)

This is a useless debate. However, the only folks that think these low powered cars could have won today..... is the drivers of a 600 HP car.
But, I'm sure that's simply a coincidence.
?
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

John Brown wrote:No, I'm saying you didn't out pax me in it. :)
Ahh, I see. Here's some numbers for you. I ran two runs. First run, 42.4xx. Second run, 42.1xx. Run 1 had 99 on the side of the car. Run 2 had 199 on the side of the car. STF PAX is .801. Let's say both runs had 99 for the xx above because I don't remember the last two digits. That makes run 2 a PAX index of 33.801. The results say your fast run was an indexed 33.976. Was there a timing issue? :wink:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Think back to when Cathers ran my car after we got beat badly and he put down a time everyone was saying oh it was just you two cause see what James did in your car. It don't matter what run RC did get the good run on, it was there. That just proves it could have been done. If we want to have chopped up tiny courses, so be it, pro has already been won.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Nope.
No timing issues. Incorrect car number issue. We all know what those runs are worth. :)

"Chopped up little courses " ??
Those courses provided multiple winners all year and for years prior.. that's more than we can say for the last two designs.. that's not debatable.

I'll drop it.. you guys have set the stage for next year. It's no secret how that's gonna turn out, right?

one thing will be for sure.. you won't win pro by beating me on those types of courses. I'd not be part of that humiliation,before that happens.

I can't remember how many times my name is on that trophy.. but, it's clear.. we found someone who's will to win is stronger than mine is.

On a better note.. the day seemed to run pretty well.. as Lucas said, the weather was wonderful!
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Not sure what you are trying to say with your last post but If you are trying to imply that I am lying about something, please say it. I'm not sure how you can dispute what I did in my car.

I guess if next year is all set and decided, then congrats to Jeff for being the 2016 Pro Class champ! You apparently drove well!

John, I have run against you for many years and I can honestly say I have had a great time and I enjoy the competition. You drove well this year and deserve the championship. I hope now that the pressure is off, this can go back to normal and we can have fun.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Here's the deal JB, you have won pro for 6-8 years in a row and you are a damn great driver in a old car and with new cars and the tech that is there for the new cars it is harder for old cars to keep up. Now we gripped about 4 courses or at least I have and one of them was chilhowee which unless we go back over to the other side it is what it is there. You do remember that one event all of pro said James made my car work and we didn't, that does work both ways and we all want to win and that is what makes our pro class very competative, but when one course or 3 is this way and numbers back it up and then the numbers from yesterday back up the course being very close, yet when the shoe is on the other foot it is wrong. You do build great courses and I know for a fact you don't make a course that will handicap any make of cars, but it has happened. I know pax doesn't always work but you KNOW your sts car on a fair course WILL NOT out raw time my car yet you thought that course was fair, no way!
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

Carpenter would have still had to drop over another half second to be in the mix to win.

Ignoring all of that cause I don't really care, I hope and pray that we don't do any more uphill launches. I didn't think the course was fun, but that was my biggest complaint.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Steve, if I wasn't running and Pilson would have won, Robert if his fastest run would have been one of his first 3 then he would have only been 33 thousands out of first. It don't get much better than that as far as the times go. Goes to show that the time was there!
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

Why would we ignore your time? I think everyone was trying to win, so that is the most relevant time.

You drove great, by the way.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Mark, your second run in the focus was a pax of 33.7xx. I just dont remember the last 2 numbers. Steve, I am not saying to ignore my time, everyone else is saying it wasn't a fair course, but it was closer than when the courses have been small car courses.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

The first 3 run competition was insanely close if you take out all the big car drivers. ...but I don't really see what that proves.

Again, I don't really care about that. I was happy that I was close to the people that I was close to... I've never liked running at Smokies and skipped there for years. It happens. I much prefer Pelli, no matter what bias the course does or doesn't create. At least we get a sensation of speed there.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Im not saying anyone is lying.. that's never an issue with this crowd. Im simply said.. if you had gone out with the wrong numbers on the car its a DNF.. no matter what the time is. maybe I mis understood.

If that cars so good.. why aint you been running it? Seems like a out of the box winner to me! and a lot cheaper. I think its funny to say.. that a multiple time National Champ got to with in a second of JY's pax... so it must been a fair course. let that sink in for a moment.
Robert is just like the rest of us... we didn't come out to finish 2nd.. or 3rd

All you have to do is put one 4-5 cone salom in any of your courses..just one.. and you got a whole new ball game. If you thought there were any saloms in that course.. that may be the issue...

I don't remember what year it was.. 13 maybe, I won Pro... but DID NOT win one single event... but I set up 95% of the courses.. that's how you do courses.. the way its headed, 1 car 2 drivers are gonna be .750-1.0 in pax ahead of 3rd place.. and that's no fun. I have said this before.. Pro was won for years by .1 or .001
Continuous course design should not be a factor in the outcome.. over and over and over.
And lets not talk technology.. KK's car is far more advanced that the mustang (in every aspect but HP)... and he wasn't in the ball park neither.