STM at Bristol Match Tour

Discussions related to Solo
Gen52SS

Re: STM at Bristol Match Tour

Post by Gen52SS »

MikeKelly wrote: I think the answer may be that the test + tune + regional (Fri + Sat) are regional events, while Sunday is the actual national event?

And therefore Sunday would not or might not include STM?

I'm not familiar enough with National Tour precedents to answer that question.
Mike...Friday Test & Tune after Tech which will be done by ETR (correct if I'm wrong) we probably will sell run tickets so many runs for $$$ that will be regional..... while Saturday and Sunday both are National. Due to schedule and wanting to keep 12 regional events we are using the timed results from Saturday's National Match Tour for ETR members counting as your event #4 and can be applied toward your championship points.

The need for PAX for STM Chris you suggest highest CAM-S at 0.839? thought it might be more like a MOD class PAX
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Gen52SS wrote:
The need for PAX for STM Chris you suggest highest CAM-S at 0.839? thought it might be more like a MOD class PAX
Street tires are the great equalizer. So, whatever the toughest pax number is for a class that is on street tires is what we should use.

MOD is allowed non-DOT tires, which street tires can't touch.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

BTW CAM-S is .848

Seems good to me
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

thrdeye wrote:
Gen52SS wrote:
Street tires are the great equalizer. So, whatever the toughest pax number is for a class that is on street tires is what we should use.

MOD is allowed non-DOT tires, which street tires can't touch.
Yeah...your correct again good explanation...thanks I also made a mistake on the PAX numbers. 0 for 2 :oops:
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

Gen52SS wrote:Tech which will be done by ETR (correct if I'm wrong)
I don't think it makes a difference who does tech - so long as they recognize that missing a seat or carpet (etc) does not bump those guys into prepared for our purposes (STM).

Whatever the fastest street tire PAX is sounds fair to me (CAM-S, I presume).
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Stm is a local class they are letting us run and a stm car won't be bumped into any other class.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

thrdeye wrote: Street tires are the great equalizer. So, whatever the toughest pax number is for a class that is on street tires is what we should use.
Please put down and step away from the crack pipe. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

MARKP wrote:
thrdeye wrote: Street tires are the great equalizer. So, whatever the toughest pax number is for a class that is on street tires is what we should use.
Please put down and step away from the crack pipe. :lol:
Heh, next he's liable to speak of the inherent evils of ABS + traction control, lolol.... :rockon:

I'll only vote to do an intervention once he gets down the list to rev limiters... :lol2:
Mike Kelly
--Mr. Rate
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

Not trying to stir the pot, but what happens if an STM car wins the match tour? Won't that piss off some people that have done a lot of work to stay within the guidelines of a nationally recognized class? Especially if they are on 140 treadwear. Not trying to cause trouble, just trying avoid it in the future.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Yep it would ,but the 200 tw tires are better than the 140's are and not sure that a stm would win but stranger things have happened.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

Where's Dewitt? Someone who has some free time needs to go see how STM would have done this past year with that PAX. We have some really good drivers in that class, I don't think you could count them out. I think the new 200's are better too, but if someone on 200's gets beat by someone on 140's that aren't legal in any street tire class, they have an excuse to say that is why. And an excuse to protest.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

If they lose to an STM car on the CAM-S pax...

They richly deserved the loss.

jcoatney wrote:Where's Dewitt?
I'm pretty sure he was working on that before you posted... :lol:
Mike Kelly
--Mr. Rate
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

Personally, I think .780 is a fair PAX number for STM.... :wink:
Lucas Coleman STM #72
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

The finals of the Match Tour are determined by your qualifying time. So STM qualifying will be decided head to head as always. The dial in time is determined by the class winner's time. So you probably have to beat your best time in qualifying to advance. PAX has nothing to do with it. That only comes into play if there are run classes with more than one Solo class. Since STM can't be bumped into a combined class that means PAX is not relevant except for bragging rights.

Looking at the Adesa results, Lucas Coleman won STM with a time of 39.840 seconds. A PAX of 0.848 would give him an adjusted time of 33.784 or 15th overall on PAX. Of course, that's comparing 2015 PAX for everyone else, but I don't think using 20116 PAX would make that much difference, other than a lot more trouble to compute.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

+1 for CAM-S PAX
Brian Robbins
XP 45