Bristol = Great AutoX Event

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
TedV

Post by TedV »

Chris, I done told ya what I thought of the course :rockon:

Tony, you and Pilson should have called in sick. someone there called in sick while driving to the event :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

i had a blast, loved the course layout, are the results posted up anywhere yet?
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Jackalope wrote:i had a blast, loved the course layout, are the results posted up anywhere yet?
yep http://www.etrscca.org/soloii/results/2007/results.html
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

TedV wrote:Tony, you and Pilson should have called in sick. someone there called in sick while driving to the event :lol:
Pilson and I had to make a trip to California to pick up some parts we had to over-night from JAH-PAN. :P 8)
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

i found them, i knew where the page was, but they werent showing up for me till a few minutes ago, dunno why though
Cory Barr
88 Porsche 951
04 Mazdaspeed Miata
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Jackalope wrote:i found them, i knew where the page was, but they werent showing up for me till a few minutes ago, dunno why though
Gotta clear your cache and refresh sometimes
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
rsmokinjoe

Post by rsmokinjoe »

This was my first SCCA auto-X and definitely my first in a RWD car... I had a blast!! Thanks for coming to Bristol!!

PS.. Does anyone have any pics or video of my car on the course? It was the silver 350Z (20BSP)

Thanks!!!
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

thrdeye wrote:Gotta clear your cache and refresh sometimes
yah, i hit refresh a couple tiems on the page and it came up...
rsmokinjoe wrote:Does anyone have any pics or video of my car on the course?
im tryin to find some vids of my car also black 944 turbo 87nbs, anyone happen to get any? hoping to try to find some of my faster runs
Cory Barr
88 Porsche 951
04 Mazdaspeed Miata
Avery

Post by Avery »

Great course Chris. I worked first and saw the bump so i think i left some time there when it came time to run. It was a great day, great course, great weather, and great people, as always.
Avery

87 944 ES 8
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Excellent event, great site, outstanding weather, and not even that bad of a drive from knoxville.

I've been to a few other events locally, but this was my first as an actual member, and this re-affirms the decision to join up as the correct one. Much appreciated to all the organizers.

Course was fantastic, lots of different elements and variety of corners in addition to actually letting the '2 stretch its legs a bit. Bump didn't bother me too much, I probably took it close to flat out on my 6th run...at least there's one advantage to running stock suspension/ride height.

As for the results....2nd in novice is great...but I still got beat by a pick-up truck :oops: ...he he he, well driven with the Sonoma!
PlasticExplosive

Post by PlasticExplosive »

hey boys and girls, this was my first event with you guys, loved it! great track and met lots of great new people. anytime you can keep the timing issues to a minimum and speed to the max (stupid rev limiter) it's always good. special thanks to john (budman) for the info and that darn neon for whoopin my but (ouch) see you again soon! ---> Jason 97 saturn Sc2 SM37
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

The timing issues were more or less caused by some VERY poorly marked 2 driver cars in the second run group.

Blue on black don't really show up......Some guy even wrote a song about that I believe.

Glad you had fun.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
nicksta43

Post by nicksta43 »

Thanks to everyone who helped put on this great event. The course was an absolute blast and I enjoyed the bump alot more than trying to get the car thru that box completly sideways :shock: There are times I can't even believe having this much fun in a car is legal. Even though I placed last in novice (BTW: Congrats Derek!!!) I still improved my raw finish position from 105th at Adesa to 77th at Bristol. :D Now you guys have me completely hooked and I can't wait for May to get here.
DaleM

Post by DaleM »

Big thanks to everyone that did their thing to make this event the best one I've been to. Worked first, saw the bump, got skeered. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be after watching Hubbards fucos "jump the bump". Had an awesome time breaking in new suspension and can't wait for OR.
Thanks again!

Dale
Budman

Post by Budman »

I had an awesome time as well. What I enjoyed as much as the course was getting to know a few of the the new faces that came from neighboring regions. Y'all come a'gin now, y'hear?

Btw...I've got a nearly new short shifter for sale...anyone interested? :evil:
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX