Lets talk racing seats

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Chuck629

Re: Lets talk racing seats

Post by Chuck629 »

I'm gonna have to try to move some fat rolls around to fit in that thing. The 17 I gave Lucas was really snug on me. Hopefully still doable though and able to codrive. I think the rib protectors are going to suck for getting in and out of that thing though. Which is why I'm hoping to get some 41's in Jeff's Miata.
Charlie Sykes STM #55

1991 Honda CRX SI
1990 Mazda Miata
integra55

Post by integra55 »

theses rib protectors are actually rib breakers in a road race car … any side impact and the odds of broken ribs skyrocket

if I've looked them up correctly, those are their economy drag racing seat … lots of folk use them in their a-x cars with success… the rib "protectors" will help hold you in place in the violent maneuvers of a a-x course … but like I said .. any side impact and your ribs aren't going to thank you
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

Any side impact in this car and I am probably going to be dead. This car is slowly becoming scary to drive.

Charlie, this seat is pretty snug on me, and mostly around where the rib protectors are at. I think it's an almost perfect fit for me, honestly. I think you may have a hard time fitting now that I think about it. You have a much broader back than I do.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
jspadaro

Post by jspadaro »

I don't want to be debbie downer, guys, but those aluminum seats without a back brace are a total death trap. I'm trying to find the pictures a spec miata guy posted, and failing, but post-crash even with a brace, those things still fold like noodles. I really wanted to take a cheap way out and get one of them, but if you're not going to do the full 9 and get a back brace, don't bother.

Cody, that looks scary as hell dude, unless of course you're just test fitting the seat and going to add a roll bar, harnesses, etc, in which case nevermind!

It's your ability to walk, not mine, but harnesses, roll cages, and seats are not the place to cheap out.
- James Spadaro
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

Still safer than a motorcycle? Not sure if that should be my metric. lol
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey