Bristol = Great AutoX Event

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

Yep, an awesome day of autox, despite the fact that I lost by a second to Trey again. Thanks, Jay, for the advice, shock tuning, and for showing me what the car can do. Any time you want a codrive, it's yours. I felt guilty taking your gas money.

Thanks for the great course, Chris--fun and challenging--and, of course, for chairing the event. Well done!
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

It was the funniest thing. After Jason came off the course in my car he looked at me and said, " This car has way too much power" :twisted:
It made my day. Dave I also learned a lot too. Now we just have to do it.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
BOBOMOFO

Post by BOBOMOFO »

Budman,

Was the shifter the problem?? I worked the first slalom (sp??). You should have seen the look on your face!! That sucks. I missed a shift on my 3rd run.

The bump was great! This was the closest I came to getting a shirt since Novice. ( I am coming David!!!).

Robert
97' M3
2009 STU Regional Champ.......
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

After looking at the results, I think Bradley needs to change classes from ASP to PSS.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Jbgti

Post by Jbgti »

thrdeye wrote:After looking at the results, I think Bradley needs to change classes from ASP to PSS.
I think I heard him saying something about not having any competition in his class, that might be a good move for him. Oh and thanks Brad for letting my nephew ride along with you on a few runs. That's all I heard about on the way home. 8)
03' VW GTI 1.8T
20th Anniv. IY
STS # 33
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Jbgti wrote:
thrdeye wrote:After looking at the results, I think Bradley needs to change classes from ASP to PSS.
I think I heard him saying something about not having any competition in his class, that might be a good move for him. Oh and thanks Brad for letting my nephew ride along with you on a few runs. That's all I heard about on the way home. 8)
I think what I was fussing about was that last year in SS, nobody consistently came to the events, so this year I "thought" several other people were going to join Mike in ASP, so I too moved to ASP. I believe last week was a fluke for Mike not to be there, so Mike and I can battle it out this year. As far as moving back to SS, I have a de-cat pipe and a small round canister that appears to be a muffler :) on it's way, so my days of being able to run SS are numbered, hehe. Ya, I think he was having more fun riding, than I had driving :), well maybe not quite as much. I don't think I made any runs by myself, hehe.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
JAY

Post by JAY »

Your days in SS were done when you changed your intake. :)
Jason Collett
JAY

Post by JAY »

Leadfoot wrote:Any time you want a codrive, it's yours.
Becareful what you say. I may be all over this.

BTW, thanks a lot for letting me jump into your car
Jason Collett
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

JAY wrote:Your days in SS were done when you changed your intake. :)
true, but that is just a noise maker, if I wanted to do SS "for real", it's easy to put the box back on. Unfortunately, my specific intake has been proven/dyno'd that it does not help anything, but it sounds cool. :)
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
Budman

Post by Budman »

BOBOMOFO wrote:Budman,

Was the shifter the problem?? I worked the first slalom (sp??). You should have seen the look on your face!! That sucks. I missed a shift on my 3rd run.
I absolutely could not shift from 1st to 2nd at anything over idle. I thought the short shifter was the culprit, but it turns out that the new shifter cable assy that I installed at the same time was the culprit. I contacted them and they said there was a whole batch of cables that exhibited the same problem I was having. Guess that's why you should buy factory parts...right? :evil: And yes, before anyone says it...I do work at the Saturn dealership, yes I do get a discount, and yes the factory parts were still considerably more expensive to buy initially. It now appears that I made a poor purchasing decision.....live and learn....and yes, I AM A SLOW LEARNER! :P
GySgt/USMC/Retired
Green 1996 Saturn SC-2
#94 STX