DAX - data-derived Autocross Index

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

Re: DAX - data-derived Autocross Index

Post by thrdeye »

Makes sense. Individual indexes?! Talk about some sandbagging!

Here's how DoubleCross did it. If you were sandbagging, you had to not only account for your class, but other classes within the category, making it VERY difficult to do so.
Saturday = essentially the same as a normal ProSolo Saturday:
2 runs in the morning (1 run per side, back to back)
4 runs in the afternoon (2 runs per side, alternating, back to back)

After all runs are done on Saturday, seeding is done. Here is how seeding is done:
All cars are assigned to one of 5 Double Cross Classes (DXC)
-Stock1: SS, AS, BS, FS
-Stock2: CS, DS, ES, GS, HS
-SP: All SP classes
-ST: All ST classes
-SM/P/M: All Mod/Prep/Street Mod Classes

For each of the 5 classes, the results are indexed by the ProSolo Indices. The top driver from each DXC will form the top 5 seeds for the event. They will be sorted with the driver with the largest margin over 2nd in their DXC. All remaining drivers will be seeded, based on their margin from the top driver in their class. Using the seeding of the drivers, 5 - 32 driver brackets will be created for Sunday's event, which will be run double elimination style. Each bracket will run on Sunday until the top 6 from each bracket is determined. After all 5 brackets are finished, the top 6 from each of the 5 brackets, plus the 2 "lucky dog" winners (top 2 seeded drivers who lost in earlier brackets) will form the final 32. The final 32 will then run to determine the winner for the event.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Sand bag too much and there is a chance you don't get in the shootout, or just take class winners and their index and only have them advance. It would speed up the process and you could get a head start on getting home.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

What is the chance we will use this instead of PAX?
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

jcox07 wrote:The dial in for pros are the class winners time not your own time.
That's what I said in more detail. James Feinberg's dial in time was set by the Bump Class winner, Darren Seltzer. Darren Seltzer's dial in was 34.318, his best left plus right raw time divided by two. Because he was the class winner, there was no index adjustment.

Edit: It's not possible to get a dial in time that is slower than your average raw time for the two courses. If you're the class winner, it will be your average raw time. For anyone finishing lower in class, the dial in time must be less than their average raw time.
Last edited by dewittpayne on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

scottgib wrote:What is the chance we will use this instead of PAX?
For local events, slim and none, IMO. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Dewitt, which event are you talking about with feinberg and seltzer?
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

MARKP wrote:
scottgib wrote:What is the chance we will use this instead of PAX?
For local events, slim and none, IMO. :lol:
+1 I would like us all to remain friends :lol:
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

jcox07 wrote:Dewitt, which event are you talking about with feinberg and seltzer?
Blytheville Pro Solo.

http://www.sccaforums.com/LinkClick.asp ... Ul41Yy4%3d
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Bump classes do not work like regular classes at pro. Each car in the bump class uses its own pax and if they make the pro challenge the time is not set by the winner. Feinbergs time was 39.xxx and seltzers was 34.ish no where near each other. Those are the only classes that do not use the winners numbers.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

jcox07 wrote:Bump classes do not work like regular classes at pro. Each car in the bump class uses its own pax and if they make the pro challenge the time is not set by the winner. Feinbergs time was 39.xxx and seltzers was 34.ish no where near each other. Those are the only classes that do not use the winners numbers.
The dial in time for any index class (R1, R2, SA, SR, SF, SRA, SRR, SRF, SPA, SPB and Bump Class) is set by the class winner, but is adjusted by the ratio of the indices for cars with a different index if more than the class winner qualify for the Challenge round. Seltzer's dial in time was his raw time divided by two 68.635/2 = 34.318. Because he was the class winner, there was no index correction. Feinberg's dial in was 68.635*0.922/0.803/2 = 39.403. Feinberg's dial in was set by Seltzer as was Sam Strano's dial in of 68.635*0.922/0.854/2 = 37.050.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

If it is adjusted it is not the winners time look at the dc pro and 5 esp were in it with the same dial in, in bump classes the winner does set his time but not the others in it for they would have the exact same time as the winner, which you can call it adjustment off of the winner, but since no one in other classes get adjustment it is more off of their time and not the winner that is why no one wants to be in a bump class but the guy who knows he can win. The pax of each car in the bump class is what they use and it is off of their time divided by 2 not the winners time. I was in a bump class last year and my class was sm and I used sm pax and divided by two to set my dial in and the other cars in my class was ssp and asp and they used the pax for that class and the winner set his dial in and the asp car that got in set his dial in with his best run off of both sides divided by 2 and not off of the winner,you can call it what you want but it is not off of the winner look at what you said if the winner sets the time then the other class cars in the bump class would have the exact same time......which means adjusted or not they take the best run off of each side and divide by 2 and that is off of their pax not the winners pax.
Last edited by jcox07 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

jcox07 wrote:If it is adjusted it is not the winners time look at the dc pro and 5 esp were in it with the same dial in, in bump classes the winner does set his time but not the others in it for they would have the exact same time as the winner, which you can call it adjustment off of the winner, but since no one in other classes get adjustment it is more off of their time and not the winner that is why no one wants to be in a bump class but the guy who knows he can win.

I wanna be that guy!!!! :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Eactly JB that is why no one likes bump classes because some ones pax will get them close and others will not be in the ballpark.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

But not making class at all with no chance of contingency is even worse than bump class! Looks like I got they guy/car who PAX'd 10th @ the Blytheville Pro and 1st at the Texas Tour this weekend in my class which does not bode well for me but I will take it instead of being in a class of 2.
GT350