ETR Autocross School

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Z06Fix

Post by Z06Fix »

Had a good time. even though I wasn't able to drive due to the ankle it was good to see everyone make some good progress and have some fun. thanks to everyone that made it happen!!
2010 Subaru STI
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Thanks, Robert and all the other instructors. It was great again. I learned a ton.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Thanks Robert, Mark, John, Doug, David and the workers. It was a terriffic school. Despite the cold early Sat. morning, the weather cooperated very well. It was amazing how Sunday's weather turned out.

You guys run a great school. The technical nature of Sunday's course was also great practice.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

GREAT EVENT :!:

I signed up as a worker and ran 1/2 a seasons worth of runs on Sunday. Volunteering is a sweet deal. :D

One request, I'd like to work closer to the padock next time so I can stop the MINI-GO-ROUND when it gets out of hand. :lol:
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Just don't ;eave anyone your car. That helps!! I was gone one Saturday and when I got back on Sunday I looked at the board and it had everybody's name on it and above the it has "Marks car". Thanks for letting me drive your car Curt. That was the first time I have ever drove a Mini. I really enjoyed it after I took the traction control off. :lol:
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

CABoegemann wrote:GREAT EVENT :!:

I signed up as a worker and ran 1/2 a seasons worth of runs on Sunday. Volunteering is a sweet deal. :D

One request, I'd like to work closer to the padock next time so I can stop the MINI-GO-ROUND when it gets out of hand. :lol:
Good thing you didn't run Saturday too! I don't have much left in my "new" tires! Ugh! The boss won't be happy! :lol:

I'm disappointed I never got to drive the Mini. I was getting ready too when we were called in to work! :cry: That's in my favor though. Luckily I don't drive a car everyone wants to drive so mine stayed put for the most part unless I was in it! Otherwise I'd need new tires already!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Mark McCrary wrote:Just don't ;eave anyone your car. That helps!! I was gone one Saturday and when I got back on Sunday I looked at the board and it had everybody's name on it and above the it has "Marks car". Thanks for letting me drive your car Curt. That was the first time I have ever drove a Mini. I really enjoyed it after I took the traction control off. :lol:
That's good advice coming from the guy that had the keys. :lol:

Funniest thing on course: Mark McCrary zooming through the Chicago Box looking out the window and yelling to me, "where's the SWITCH?"

Funniest THING off-course: Pilson and Jack telling 1/3 truths at Fatz Cafe. BTW we ARE invited to return afterall, BUT they said we should just eat AT the bar next time. :mrgreen:
QWK_123

Awesome!

Post by QWK_123 »

I had a great time on saturday guys! Sorry I didnt make it back on Sunday, I was exhausted after working all week and getting up about 6 hours earlier than im used to all week! I wish I could have made it back up there though...Mark, Robert, John, Dave, Doug, you guys were great!
Thanks for a great first experience! (even if it was cut short!) See you soon! (hopefully next race!)
2004 Silver Saleen focus #45 of 90
larry

Autocross School

Post by larry »

Thanks Robert, Mark P, Doug, John, David and (on Sunday) Mark M for a great school. Thanks also to Curt, Chris, and Dave for working...that was a lot for just three guts on Saturday! From my starting time on Saturday to my best time that afternoon, I took off 2.2 seconds, on Sunday I took off 1.9 seconds. I counted 28 runs on Saturday, I lost track on Sunday when I lost my pen but I had to have made at least another 30 runs. My fingers are still stiff from all the time at the wheel. :lol:
Larry Huff
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#1)
1999 Mazda Miata Sport Silver CS 8 (#2)
2005 Acura TL Anthracite
steverife

Re: Autocross School

Post by steverife »

larry wrote:I counted 28 runs on Saturday, I lost track on Sunday when I lost my pen but I had to have made at least another 30 runs.
HOLY CRAP! :shock:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I had a blast. Saturday night was fun!

Thanks to Pilson for helping me with sooper 2nin the skunk. I had FTD on Sunday until Doug Allen made his final runs. :x :x

Hope everyone liked the course on Sunday!
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
mrsoul55

Re: Autocross School

Post by mrsoul55 »

larry wrote:I counted 28 runs on Saturday, I lost track on Sunday when I lost my pen but I had to have made at least another 30 runs.
I feel jipped. I only got about 10 runs yesterday. I think Curt did too. Although his car made about 30!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
dfsmith

Post by dfsmith »

I was very impressed with the significant improvements the students made from the start of Saturday morning to the end of Sunday afternoon. You guys learned a LOT from some great instructors.

Thanks, Robert for your input and Sunday afternoon, and thanks, Dave, for yours too, as well as getting the tire pressures figured out on the Miata. Chris, I appreciate the drives in the Skunk, and Tim, thanks for the drives in the mini-van. :lol:

Saturday night was fun, though I'm really surprised we weren't banned from Greeneville as a whole, not just Fatz Cafe. :lol:
Last edited by dfsmith on Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Smith

'09 Honda Accord LX-P (daily beater/greyhound bus)
'08 Ford Ranger XL (parts & manure hauler)
'74 Porsche 914 (perpetual project car)
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

dfsmith wrote:Tim, thanks for the drives in the mini-van. :lol:
No problem. I think for my next car I'll just step it up a bit and buy an Odyssey! I bet that would handle an autox course well.

Thanks for the drive in the miata. I was hoping to do more in it. It was really fun.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
LeadSSled

Post by LeadSSled »

Glad to hear that you had a great time, and sorry that I couldn't make it. From 11:20 on Saturday, I spent the next 24 hours flying to Guangzhou China. I would have rather been at the auto-x school.

BTW - Did a coupla Impalas show up for the school. Kelly and Shawn, a couple of friends of mine were threatening to show up.
Terry Kehne
SCCA #337340
1996 Impala SS - not stock SM96
2005 Dodge Magnum RT - bone stock
1997 VW Passat TDI - Sprint 520 nozzles, Stage 2 RocketChip tune
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins

I drive a hybrid - it burns both gas and rubber.