Goodbye ETR

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
mrsoul55

Goodbye ETR

Post by mrsoul55 »

My wife and I will be moving to Atlanta within the next couple months so I wanted to say so long to everyone. It's been a blast running with everyone here. ETR is a great region and I hope the people in the Atlanta region are just as nice and helpful.

I'm going to try and finish out the season if possible but that may not happen. I think ORM was my last event for a while until everything with the move settles down. I will be at the school though.

Thanks for helping a clueless person out when I started 2 years ago!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Hate to see you go Tim. I hope you're able to finish the season with us. There are some good folks in the Atlanta region. I'm sure you'll have fun on those BIG courses.

Good Luck :!:
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

That's a bummer. I'm sure you will enjoy the courses in Atlanta, though.

I hope we will be seeing you at more events than just the school.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

You'll have a lot of fun running in the Atl region. Their courses are awesome.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

I enjoyed our GS tussle. Had you been on good tires the whole year, I expect you would have my jacket. You have improved a lot and should do well in Hotlanta. Good luck.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

scottgib wrote:I enjoyed our GS tussle. Had you been on good tires the whole year, I expect you would have my jacket. You have improved a lot and should do well in Hotlanta. Good luck.
Thanks, Scott. I'm disappointed I won't be able to chase Curt's Mini now but I imagine there will be some in Atlanta to battle with.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
dfsmith

Post by dfsmith »

It's a shame you have to go, Tim. It's been fun having you around, and especially competing against you last year in GS. Best of luck in Atlanta.
Dave Smith

'09 Honda Accord LX-P (daily beater/greyhound bus)
'08 Ford Ranger XL (parts & manure hauler)
'74 Porsche 914 (perpetual project car)
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

well...are ya takin da mini van witcha???

that thing needs a new home,yea,somewhere far away

:P
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

John Brown wrote:well...are ya takin da mini van witcha???

I'll be taking it for now. You don't like the mini-minivan, John?
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Tim, hate to see you go. Its been fun autocrossing with you and watch you improve every autocross. You being in Atlanta will help you improve even more. I hope you can go the the Atlanta tour and pro-solo! I hope you enjoy Atlanta! They have a huge autocross site!
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

mrsoul55 wrote:
John Brown wrote:well...are ya takin da mini van witcha???

I'll be taking it for now. You don't like the mini-minivan, John?
I raced the minivan, people love the minivan! :twisted:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

JW wrote:You can look at it in a good way -- when I posted this same thread last year it was because I was leaving to go to South Carolina. Trust me when I say the Atl region is light-years better than what I came to. The people here are all very nice and all that, but every course I've driven on down here has sucked. I guarantee you won't have the same problem.

Anyway, good luck! Sounds like the minivan has been transformed with the Kumhos. :)
I'm definitely looking forward to the courses there. I haven't heard a single person say anything but how great they are! Sorry yours aren't that good, John.

The car is totally different with the 710's. I rode with Mark P. on his 1st run and couldn't believe how hard he drove. And he said he wasn't pushing it. On my last run I decided I was just going for broke since I had to catch Curt. The 1st left hander after the slalom I thought I was going in way too fast (I was for my Azenis). I turned the wheel and the car just stuck. I could have taken it faster but it's going to take some time for me to get my confidence up on these things. They're sticky! :twisted: I can't wait for the school this weekend!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

JW wrote:[off-topic] Any time I find myself going slower than I think the car is capable of, I like to just "banzai" one run. It helps me get the feel for the limits again. Then again, I'm nowhere near the driver that Pilson, et al. are.

I've got a friend in Columbia with a stock '03 Si that I've been trying to get to an autocross but he won't until he gets "some mods."
Mine is bone stock except for my autox wheels and tires. When I started I was even using the oem tires (I think they were a 400 treadwear). But a couple events at WB and the school there last year took care of them!
'02 Civic Si
HS #96